Second Skin Audio

How to brace down my box from sliding left to right?

moh.vze.com

Hello, I was wondering if you guys have any ideas where I can buy something for bracing down the sub box from sliding left and right. Right now I have a tie down rachet rope for the front but I need something for the side.

I was thinking of something similar to the XS Power Bilet Hold down bar where you just screw in a bolt on the trunk metal panel thing.

how-to-brace-box-from-sliding.jpg

how-to-brace-box-from-sliding-2.jpg

shca-battery-terminals-wired-up-2.jpg

I use to have a rachet rope tie down going from left to right but I can't do that anymore because the subs will be facing the rear of the trunk.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

1 hour ago, Mitchaford said:

Cant really tell if you have some have that box laying on carpet but I have velcro on the bottom of my box. 4 strips, corner to corner. Mayhem doesn't move it. 

I have the box sitting on top of this piece of mdf that's not even bolted down to the trunk floor.
camry-trunk-space-2.jpg

I can't drill any holes on the right side because my Exhaust is down there. That's why I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep the box from moving left and right (can't bolt anything down on the right side of the car top panel). I think the easiest way is to find some sort of adjustable pipe and bolt it to the side frames but I don't know what I can buy to achieve this.

I don't have any tools for cutting wood either so with all my builds I've been having to buy parts here and there and attach them together.

can someone on here design me a universal adjustable pipe thing for my box holder ~_~

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I used threaded rod before...don't have to go through your box, just up to it with a brace.  How you attach to metal is up to you, same brace or drill a hole and use nuts and washers...

IMG_0029_zps2mgty2pa.jpg

IMG_00301_zpsqsmwj73w.jpg

stopmodolly7_zpssyvyvee1.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

get something like this 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/VPC-1-2-in-Black-Malleable-Iron-FPT-Floor-Flange-16-521-603/205955653

and put one on the box and on the side of the vehicle. Buy some black pipe the length you need and thread it. Not the best idea seeing as it could be a pain but hey, if it works it works . 

They sell black pipe in 3/4 and 1/2" widths in a bunch of lengths. They should be able to cut it to length for you if they don't have the length you need but i'm not sure if they can re thread it for you.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/LDR-Industries-1-2-in-x-24-in-Black-Steel-Schedule-40-Cut-Pipe-306-12X24/100571687

Archived