Second Skin Audio

Sub box feedback

jfw5731

Ok, have a new question now after doing this again. I could do a slot port on the back wall of the box firing out the side towards the driver but the sub would have to be all the way to the passenger side to clear the port. The port would be 3.5"x20" and 31" long inside the box to get a 34hertz tune. My question is for that I would normally have the sub on the same end that the port exits do you think it will make much of a difference having the sub on the other end. I really don't like using round ports but may have to in order to keep the box volume up. So if I do it this way it will end up with an overall box volume of 3.25ft3. I think that will work just wondering about the sub being so close to the end of the port.

Appreciate the help, it's been enough for me to crunch some numbers. Think I've narrowed it down to doing a slot port on the bottom of the box firing to the passenger side, this is just to keep the box to the drivers side due to the power slider motor. Had to change to box a bit to get the parameters correct. It will now be 44" wide 24" high on the back 12" deep at the bottom and I've added a flat surface going up 5" on the face to accommodate the port and 8" deep on the top. Port is 5" high by 10.5" wide and 27" deep. Should be a final product of around of about 3.75ft3 for the sub with the port and bracing subtracted. Tuned at 35hertz. Going to be tight in there!! Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it comes out when it's ready.

'

1 hour ago, jfw5731 said:

Ok, have a new question now after doing this again. I could do a slot port on the back wall of the box firing out the side towards the driver but the sub would have to be all the way to the passenger side to clear the port. The port would be 3.5"x20" and 31" long inside the box to get a 34hertz tune. My question is for that I would normally have the sub on the same end that the port exits do you think it will make much of a difference having the sub on the other end. I really don't like using round ports but may have to in order to keep the box volume up. So if I do it this way it will end up with an overall box volume of 3.25ft3. I think that will work just wondering about the sub being so close to the end of the port.

fold the port on one side.  that way it won't be up against the sub and have potential unloading issues.

Archived