Build Thread 1 12" SQ HDC3

Starting a new build in my truck, drive a 05 GMC Canyon single cab. My first semi serious system was 3 10w1v2's in a slanted 3 cu ft box tuned to 33 hz on a JL SLash 500/1. Hit 140 on only "500" watts so wasn't too bad. I just sold my amp and as soon as i sell the subs, I will be ordering a soundqubed 12" HDC3 and the SQ 2200. My plan is to build a 2.25 cu ft  box for it tuned to 37 with a 6 in aero facing the passenger door. Currently, i'm building a box for a 69 VW Beetle, for a guy that i'm selling one of my 10's to. I'll post some pics tomorrow of truck and current box. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the 2200 on Saturday and now just need to sell my 10's. I have also been thinking and I'm pretty convinced that I will get the DC XL 12 over the hdc3. I found one for about the same price and it has a higher rms, plus its handmade in America. Any input would be appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to stick with the HDC3, ordered it on Monday along with some 1/0 gauge, lugs, and fuse blocks, so i can do my big 3 when that comes in. Will upload pics when everything arrives, should be here by friday. 

that's for spl comps or just some daily bass?

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Got my power and ground wire today, lugs, fuses, and heat shrink today. Also went to FedEx and got my hdc312 because I was tired of waiting for them to deliver it when I was home. Also this is a picture off my truck. Me and my buddy made the port today out of some 6" pvc he had, its 22 inches long and the box will be tuned to 36ish. Hopefully can start on building the box tomorrow.

IMG_3870[1].JPG

IMG_3808[1].JPG

Archived