So when I start my tahoe it barely wants to pick up. It's fine when the car is going but then, say I come to a complete stop, and hit the gas it takes a while to gain speed. The check engine light is on but I don't want to drive to autozone and get stuck. I probably will go get the light read but for now I'm looking for ideas. My guess is throttle sensor, I cleaned the throttle body last summer and my electrical is fine.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What year? Intake gaskets are a fairly common failure. If you have a vacuum leak there it could cause an issue like you're describing. 

How many miles? Last tune up? If you're going road speed and punch it, what happens?

There is a program called obdcom that is around $100 to use your laptop to read the codes to see what is going on. You need to read the codes unless you are good at guessing.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

3 hours ago, Ahmed Johnson said:

I'm debating if I should just buy the part and hope, lol. I just don't want to get stranded trying to get to the parts store

If you're going to the parts store why not make use of their scanner eh?

Is a catalytic converter

Its a fuel pump

Its the TPS

Its the Throttle pedal 

Its the intake

Quit being lazy and go see what the code is or you can spend a bunch of money on parts that might not fix the issue. 

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived