New TV Stand Idea.

So I've been needing a new TV stand for quite some time now. The current one i have is just some cheapo wal-mart one and it can no longer hold all of my gaming systems and other equipment. I've always wanted to try incorporating a 3 way stereo including subs but all of my previous designs were a little over kill (4 high power 10s in a 4th order). This time i decided to be a bit more conservative. This design uses two 8 inch 100 watt rms subs each in their own 1.87ft^3 ported enclosure tuned to 24hz. I plan to run a small 250 watt rms plate amp to power them. I was wondering if i could get some input from the home audio guys and let me know if this would work well or if i should just give up on the whole integrated sub thing. Thanks for reading!

Screenshot%20111_zpsqiqtdenn.png

Screenshot%20112_zpsxqctfmyb.png

Screenshot%20113_zpswrkfoavw.png

Screenshot%20115_zpsnbhjatyr.png

Screenshot%20114_zpskjf7m1mx.png

I am not a home audio guy, and you probably know more than I do, but have you thought about one 12 inch sub, not built into the cabinet? When I was looking around at SQ subs, the Dayton HO came up frequently, but mainly in a ported enclosure, tuned super low for home audio

It looks good! I say go for it.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

7 hours ago, ALDJ253 said:

I am not a home audio guy, and you probably know more than I do, but have you thought about one 12 inch sub, not built into the cabinet? When I was looking around at SQ subs, the Dayton HO came up frequently, but mainly in a ported enclosure, tuned super low for home audio

Actually the original idea for this one was a single Dayton HO 10" built into the cabinet at 22hz, but due to budget issues i can do 2 lower power 8s for cheaper (I'm trying to keep it under $400 for everything). The reason i want to do a full range center is the room this will be in is absolutely terrible for a surround application so i need the full range of sound coming from the TV, otherwise if i do a separate sub enclosure the bass would be coming from the right side of the room.

• 2 weeks later...

with the center extending forward like that wont the person on the left be less able to hear the right speakers and vice versa?  minor but still it would bother me.....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Careful about resonances from your low frequency drivers.

I would personally build speaker cabinets that fit in there that will not resonate the rest of the stand.

The best way to prevent that from happening is to use a lot of mdf and bracing, and that will drive up the cost and weight of your project.

I am not trying to prevent you from going forward on the project, but merely trying to point out possible problems you may run into, i think it is a great idea worth trying out.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Another option is to source an old vintage console stereo and refurb it for your wants and needs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=home+console+stereos&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS732US732&espv=2&biw=1333&bih=684&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjL4sTbpb_SAhUj8YMKHR4cAdkQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=vintage+console+stereos&*

Check craigslist and see if anything pops up.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

• 4 months later...
On 3/5/2017 at 5:53 AM, Skullz said:

Another option is to source an old vintage console stereo and refurb it for your wants and needs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=home+console+stereos&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS732US732&espv=2&biw=1333&bih=684&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjL4sTbpb_SAhUj8YMKHR4cAdkQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=vintage+console+stereos&*

Check craigslist and see if anything pops up.

My grandma has an old console like this that just sits around in her living room and gets played briefly once a year when we clear it off for decorating. I wish she would let me have it so I could revamp it. Clean it up and what not with some new drivers. 

Archived