I had to SQ subs sitting around my house for the past 2 years, so I finally got another car that I can put them in.

Car - Cadillac CTS Wagon

Subs - 2 - Soundqubed HDS312-4

Enclosure - 4.7 ft3 @ 34hz (design stolen from Joe X lol)

Headunit -  Pioneer AVH-X4800BS

Sub Amp - Took the Hifonics bxi2008d out of my 85 Monte Carlo while it's in the body shop

I've never built a subwoofer enclosure before, but since all of my extra money is going to my Monte, I figured I'd give it a shot. I've learned that Home Depot's cuts are not straight (well mine weren't), I need to invest in a table saw, a good router with a good circle jig, and I must learn to prep better. I also ned to have ALL materials on hand before starting...ah well. I used an old ruler to make the circle cutouts...just drilled some holes in them...and I managed to fuck that up 3 times (I thought half of the diameter would give me the radius that I need to measure out from the center point...ehhhh....wrong)

The headunit and bezel haven't arrived yet, so I'll add those when they come. I also need to find some matching carpet/vinyl for the enclosure. Sucks because today was a great day...and it's going back in the 40s tomorrow. The last pic is with top on but NOT SECURED. I did manage to screw/glue down the top before calling it a day. I went back and touched up some leaky areas, as the wood wasn't straight. I used titebond 3. I'm going to run the sub speaker wire straight out of the back...no bolts or terminals.

IMG_20170224_150547.jpg
IMG_20170224_162817.jpg
IMG_20170224_170707.jpg

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

• 3 weeks later...

Overall, I'm satisfied with it, but if I may end up doing the box over again because I definitely messed up and all of the cuts aren't 100% true. I may have to upgrade the front stage, but I'm working on my other cars and all of my money is tied up.

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

I like it, box looks good in the back

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived