Sundown Audio

I can't figure out strapping amps. HELP

Tahoe Dmo

Okay so the amplifier I'm referring to is the Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp. I understand how to strap for one subwoofer, but I have two subs and I want to run one sub per amp. My subs are Sundown zv5 15" d2s. I found this chart, but it only shows one speaker:Image

running one sub per amp is not strapping. If you want to run two while strapped you have to make sure you dont wire too low of an impedance or the amps will protect or worse.

What subs and what coils do they have?

1 minute ago, audiofanaticz said:

In the manual it should tell you how to daisy chain the amps (not strap them), then you just use 1 master gain on 1 amp only.

Okay. Makes sense. I'll see if I can track down my manual.

What audiofanaticz said.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

2 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Thanks a lot. I just Googled that and was looking at that exact page. I thought that may be what I needed to do. Simple. Wire the amp as normal, run RCAs from one amp to the next, and one subwoofer to each amp. Then switch one to master and one to slave. Now can you answer me this: I have one T2500-1bdcp. Should I get a second or should I just buy like a SCV-7500d? Would it be better to have just one big amp?

Archived