Second Skin Audio

47 minutes ago, Clayton Hartweg said:

Yes

Ok, good.  My suggestion would to flip up the 40 side and place the box on that side of the vehicle with it resting on the floor (or the cargo tray, if you truck has that).  The problem with putting boxes on the seat is you end up with something that's very heavy, sitting high in your vehicle, and is difficult to secure.  In an accident the box becomes a wrecking ball.  People have been killed by boxes sitting on the seat, no joke.  Folding the seat up allows you to place the box lower and it should be easier to secure (and its very important you secure it well).  

If you can take some measurements with the seat folded up and I'm sure someone can help you with a box design.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

well i was thinking about it at work and my seats are 40/60 from the drive side so if i put the box behind the drive seat in the 40 slot 1 i think the bass all day long would get annoying vs being on the other side...2 when i store stuff in the back i put it behind the drive seat on the back seat i mean who want to walk around to the other door if there is a sub box there lol ok now for the other side if i put the box in the 60 slot it would mean i could only have 1 person sitting in the 40 slot see what i mean lol?:( sooo nowww i am thinking i could just swap around the seats and mount them different because wouldn't that solve all my problems?>  

Swapping the sides of the seats will only work if the mounting brackets line up with the floor studs, unless you're going to weld some new floor studs into place to accommodate the switch.

Here is what I would do:

ueRRuSI.png

Sub up, port up running along the back of the box.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived