Second Skin Audio

I know less now

BBQracer

So, I built this box thinking I knew what I was doing.......

I didn't, I was going to port it but after screwing up my calculations I was told I would need a mile long port.

I guess I'll be sealing the box now. So to simplify the effort I'm going to ask people who know WTH they are doing.  Below are the specs.  Do I just seal it up as is or should I reduce the box size?  The current box is as big as it's going to get.  It was built to fit under the rear seats in my Ridgeline.

Speakers VFL-8D

look at using NVX DA7501 for my amp

Drawing1 Model (1).tif

Your image for the box dimensions isn't showing up for me, so I can't give you any specific recommendations.  However, sealed boxes are really hard to screw up and will work with a wide range of box sizes.  Unless your box is WAY oversized you are probably fine.  If you tell me what the internal volume is I'll be able to give you a better answer.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

OP where did you get the mile long port claim. that's false, there's a ported box for two of those subs posted a few pages back that you may want to examine, the 0.85 cf per driver on rated power would be ok for sealed but those subs will lack low end significantly on sealed, I would recommend rebuilding your box properly using a ported design.

AudioVideoScience is where I got my advice.  They helped me build my home theater. 

I'm not sure why it will not take my URL.  Below are the images.  I will try to link them again during lunch. Enjoy all of my pictures I guess.

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/sharijames2002/media/Drawing1 Model 1_1.jpg.html

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/sharijames2002/media/untitled.png.html

I know this doesn't necessarily answer your question but I ported my subs on .75 cubic feet per sub (after factoring their displacement) so you're not very far off with the space. Hopefully someone else can help you discover more about the port you require with that design. I don't think it's going to be a mile long port though.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

Archived