How much Sag is too much for Trunk Camry?

I'm afraid to add more Second Skin Audio damp pro to my trunk lid with all of this Sag from my rear tire. I'm able to go over speed bumps without hearing any scraping but how much sag is too much sag where it starts to damage parts of your car? Should I be worried?

trunk-sag-1.jpg

rear tire sag:
rear-tire-trunk-sag.jpg

rear-tire-trunk-sag-2.jpg

Front tires seems to be fine no sag:

front-tires-no-sag.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks just like my Accord. A guy told me just to get some 3/4" spring spacers but i'm afraid it will affect the ride. They are only like $8 bucks so I don't know why I haven't just tried them out yet.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

4 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

Looks just like my Accord. A guy told me just to get some 3/4" spring spacers but i'm afraid it will affect the ride. They are only like $8 bucks so I don't know why I haven't just tried them out yet.

I thought about installing these: http://gpcaraudio.com/gp-no-sag-springs/

but it would cost like $200-$400 of labor cost to get a professional mechanic to do the job. If the current sag is fine and won't do damage to the car's suspension then I'd rather just leave it as is. However, in the future if I plan to upgrade to Sundown vz5's (heavy subs), I might have to install these springs... or I could go with NEO magnet subs for less weight problems...

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

These are what this guy used.....he recommended them so they can't be that bad. But for the price i'm still skeptical!

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/SPR4/181601/N1716.oap?ck=Search_N1716_1444947_2264&pt=N1716&ppt=C0361

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

welll, it depends how far you are over your GVWR(gross vehicle weight rating). check your inside door sticker. do some research and see the curb weight of your car. If I had to guess, the curb weight would be about 3600lbs, and the GVWR would be roughly 4300lbs. If you're car exceeds the GVWR, it is over the manufacturers recommended operational weight...in other terms it is unsafe and too heavy.

helper bags(air bags) would be the best solution if you are still within weights.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

coilspringspecialties 

with what you are spending they can make stock height springs with the right spring rate and add whatever capacity you want. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2017 at 7:02 PM, boom50cal said:

welll, it depends how far you are over your GVWR(gross vehicle weight rating). check your inside door sticker. do some research and see the curb weight of your car. If I had to guess, the curb weight would be about 3600lbs, and the GVWR would be roughly 4300lbs. If you're car exceeds the GVWR, it is over the manufacturers recommended operational weight...in other terms it is unsafe and too heavy.

helper bags(air bags) would be the best solution if you are still within weights.

Hmm. So most people that drive Sedans that wall off the backseat with 18" subs and have like 4+ batteries in the trunk are probably exceeding the GVWR and are considered overweight and unsafe to drive? I'm curious on what kind of car problems you guys have had with the car being too heavy. I'm wanting to upgrade more batteries in the trunk but also don't want my car being too dangerous to drive for a daily.

On 3/16/2017 at 2:02 AM, moh.vze.com said:

Hmm. So most people that drive Sedans that wall off the backseat with 18" subs and have like 4+ batteries in the trunk are probably exceeding the GVWR and are considered overweight and unsafe to drive? I'm curious on what kind of car problems you guys have had with the car being too heavy. I'm wanting to upgrade more batteries in the trunk but also don't want my car being too dangerous to drive for a daily.

wear out brakes, cause excess heat within the transmission, lotta other shit. Put a backpack with 100lbs of shit on it and try to run down your road. It'll take a toll on your body real quick. Same concept.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived