Electric advice for new sound system

Hello everyone

i have a relatively mid powered system. I am having a issue with my electric system. I know this topic is being discussed million times, but I'm not sure what to believe.

my system is as follows:

pionner unit x2700bs 6.2" touchscreen

pioneer gm-d9605 5 channel amp, 4x 75watts @ 4ohm and 1x 600 watts @ 2ohm (2000watts max) class d amp

two nvx 6.5 speakers @50watts and two nvx 6x9 @ 55 watts, plus, two 12" rockford fosgate single coil@4ohm p1s4-12 connected in parallel for a final impidence of 2ohms, 250watts each, 500 -600 watts total

4 guage wire for + and - of the amp

14 guage speaker wires/ 8 guage amp wires

stock alternator 110amps

xspower d1200 battery

big 3 upgrade with 1/0 guage wire from xspower kit

All gains set properly with smd dd1

deck clips at 38 out of 40 but i never pass 31

my problem is that my headlights dims when the bass hits, and also i have voltage drops when the bass hits, at the battery terminals it goes from 13.8 to 12.5, or even lower. At the amp terminals its always 12.8 and it drops to 11.2 or lower. I also noticed a change of the engine noise, meaning that when the bass hits, looks like the rpms are affected or something, because the noise reduces every time the bass hits. I would like to play loud, but also not stress out my other electrics/electronics in my car.

any suggestions?

If you're planning on keeping you car for awhile, save your pennies for a high output alternator and go from there. Your current battery is descent enough combined with a proper alt. You could purchase a larger battery/batteries but that's more like a bandaid. My 2 pennies 

2 hours ago, Casper Netherlands said:

Yes i am planning to keep my car for a while. I just don't like the idea of adding a battery, it will be an additional load for the alternator right? 

So yes i am considering on upgrading my alternator, but I don't seem to find anything that matches. I have a 2012 nissan altima 2.5s

Check out Mechman alternators, and Singer Alternators. When it comes to car audio (and cars in general), people kindly remind me, you get what you pay for. 

I would do an alternator and a battery in the back as close to the amps as possible. And a run of 1/0 front to back. If you don't have enough reserve battery capacity, the alternator won't be able to react quickly enough when the bass hits and you will still have voltage problems.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived