Sign in to follow this  
boomintahoe

How do you afford this hobby?

Just curious to see what people have to say how they fund this can-get-so-dam-expensive hobby that we have. I know there's people out there that have kids, like myself, family to take care of/look after, mortgage, bills, bills, and more bills.

I'll start. Whenever I get a bonus check from work, I splurge. Weather it's a sub, a component set and some other small items....just gotta spend it wisely depending upon how much I get. Or if I sell something or a few things on CL I'll use that $$ to buy something. I'm expecting a check waiting for me when I go back to work. Gonna use part of that to buy some baltic birch for my build for the s10 for a single DC Audio 8.

Work overtime. 1 child but my baby mama also works.  I am a GREAT saver, plus cutting corners wherever able.  Live in a house I can easily afford, drive vehicles I can easily afford, I don't like going on vacations, I rarely buy fast food, keep house cold in winter and warm in summer.  I'm a less is more person, 1 computer, no tablets, one cell phone, one TV, no gaming consoles, etc.  I also collect guns, have never sold one that i've bought.  I like to ATV, again, have never sold one that I've bought.  I fix 99% of stuff myself, whether house, vehicle, ATV etc.  I have no TV service at my house, just internet (which I recently switched to save even more money) but no satellite, not Netflix, etc.  I pay as I go on cell phone so I take time off from it for weeks in between each paid month and revert to emails for communication.  I could go on and on but I avoid luxuries so I can do the things I want more, Just have to prioritize more or less....don't buy shit you don't need!!!

For car audio, I wait for deals, search for deals, etc.  I run 6 amps in my Tahoe, all bought 2nd hand....When I did my build I had figured out what I had spent, and what I had saved...each were in the thousands FYI......

Just so you know there is already at least one thread like this.....

• Like 1

I'm a mechanic and All the side work I do at home the money I get  my wife says is for me , that's why I love her

Get my ass up at 2 am 5 days a week.