Sundown Audio

Amp Choices--team Bassick Ftw!

loganberry

ok, so i was decided on the pa5500, it will give me the power i want, BUT you get what you pay for, and you get what you pay for in quality and so on....so here is my dilema, i DONT WANNA BREAK THE BANK, my tax return is supposed to be around 350-375, i can save up a little each check and dont really wanna spend like more then 500 bucks on a amp, i want something that does at least 2500 watts x2 at 1 ohm, or 2500 watts x1 at 2 ohm or .5 ohms, i dont want it to get hot and shut off, the place i put it in has plenty of ventilation so stupid thermal protection after 40 seconds (cough cough, kenwood) is a no no...i need suggestions, my power drops too around 12.5 volts at full tilt, but im going to be getting a mla module

so after all that ill sum it up

no more then 500 bucks (cheaper the better)

2500x2 at 1 ohm, 2500x1 at 2 ohm or .5 minimum, id like more but that is least

and thats about it, thanks for all the help smd

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the kicker is refurbished so that makes me wonder a bit, .5 ohms is ok, i dont mind that, but i just dont want thermal issues, like i said with then kenwood, i can have the ac on full blast and the amp right by a freakin vent, and it shuts off 40 seconds on full tilt

yea the gp wont do the power i want

and the hifonics does a bit too much for 2 stock lvl 4's i think

thanks for the help guys

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Archived