NEED MORE SPL IN MY ESCALADE!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If u want SPL u have to spend money , the first thing that made me laugh and I'm not trying to be a dick was hifonics.  U have great subs feed them great power how about a matching sundown or skar amp but u still need and Alt . Those subs can take 4K RMS all day. Should never spend money on great subs and feed them shit power . Your already half way there. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

6 hours ago, BlackKong said:

Thanks for the help. It's hard for me to keep spending so much with the wife asking questions lol. :)

Piss em off enough and they leave ya, lol

jk, but seriously..................

What does your voltage drop to with the Hifonics?  Sell the Hifonics to offset cost of new amp.  Sundown X subs should be pretty decent, especially in a custom box in a full size SUV with subs up port back but it may be one of those cases where you are used to it and eventually will want more.....Try what these fella's are saying first.  Only change your electrical if you are dropping lower than you feel safe to protect the amp board.  Just always make sure gains are set correctly.  I would try for around a 4k amp personally.  What type of music are you listening to?  I know it's a silly question but.....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Oh yea, and don't turn it so the port is facing forward.

What is the height of the port? (while literally sitting in the vehicle)  4"?  6"? 8"?  As long as you have the box as far from the hatch/doors as the port is you should be fine so your not choking off the port.  You could play around with it a little if you wanted, shove it up close to the doors (2"?) and see how it sounds...then move it out in 1-2" increments...  I run 12- 10" subs and mine is only 6" from hatch

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I don't think that Hifonics amp is enough, but it should play nicely with those subs.

Personally I would choose the dB-r amp, I'd love that scv 3000 : perfect match for your subs !

BUUUT, I'm afraid you won't be satisfied with just another amplifier.

Maybe your car is flexing too much, and you loose dBs, maybe the hatch is getting loose,...I don't know. Deadening materials can help a lot.

I'll check everything before buying anything. :) 

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

you need to post the exact measures of that box ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

5 hours ago, Karkov said:

Oh yea, and don't turn it so the port is facing forward.

What is the height of the port? (while literally sitting in the vehicle)  4"?  6"? 8"?  As long as you have the box as far from the hatch/doors as the port is you should be fine so your not choking off the port.  You could play around with it a little if you wanted, shove it up close to the doors (2"?) and see how it sounds...then move it out in 1-2" increments...  I run 12- 10" subs and mine is only 6" from hatch

The port is 4 inches tall by 34 inches wide.

Here are some pics of the box it was designed by caraudiofabrication and set to be 32hz and 8.5 cubes.

btw i sanded and rounded pretty much every edge possible. So the crappy edges you see weren't that crappy when I carpeted it.

This is my first build so it was trick but I didn't have any friends available or interested in helping so it got a little heavy to move around lol.

box port.JPG

box2.JPG

carpet.JPG

port area 2.JPG

speakers in.JPG

box spec.JPG

box.JPG

2 hours ago, notorious97200 said:

I don't think that Hifonics amp is enough, but it should play nicely with those subs.

Personally I would choose the dB-r amp, I'd love that scv 3000 : perfect match for your subs !

BUUUT, I'm afraid you won't be satisfied with just another amplifier.

Maybe your car is flexing too much, and you loose dBs, maybe the hatch is getting loose,...I don't know. Deadening materials can help a lot.

I'll check everything before buying anything. :) 

Well the hifonics if nothing else was good to have to break the subs in huh and it did make them hit pretty damn hard so I can’t talk too much trash about it? J I have a few people interested in buying my hifonics for $200 and I ordered the SK3500 it will be here wed and I’ll let you guys know how it does :D

My back doors are moving quite a bit when its hitting hard i took off the back door panels to get rid of some of the vibration but since they are barn doors they make a ton of noise still im thinking about tossing some padding in between where they close to see if that helps. I also feel a lot of air coming outside of the car when I'm back there checking it out.

5 hours ago, Karkov said:

Piss em off enough and they leave ya, lol

jk, but seriously..................

What does your voltage drop to with the Hifonics?  Sell the Hifonics to offset cost of new amp.  Sundown X subs should be pretty decent, especially in a custom box in a full size SUV with subs up port back but it may be one of those cases where you are used to it and eventually will want more.....Try what these fella's are saying first.  Only change your electrical if you are dropping lower than you feel safe to protect the amp board.  Just always make sure gains are set correctly.  I would try for around a 4k amp personally.  What type of music are you listening to?  I know it's a silly question but.....

Well since there are kids involved if she leaves me I wouldn't even be able to afford Walmart brand items =/
The voltage use to drop to 11.5 or so when I was abusing it pretty bad but since I’ve added the 2nd battery it doesn’t go below 12.5 at an idle if im driving it stays around 13.5 or so. The Escalade comes stock with a 140 amp alternator which I actually replaced before i started doing any of this install since the old one went bad.

I listen to mostly rap (downloaded most of decafs stuff too) lol but occasionally some rock sine I have some friends that play in local bands in the VA area.

I had the amp tuned at a stereo shop because I didn't feel comfortable with setting everything.

The shop has been around for years and the guy actually tuned it by ear using power supply bass boom bottom.. only charged me $15 

Archived