So I recently build a box and installed my two Sundown X15's D4 wires to 1oh with a Hifonics 3200 watt amp pushing them. The box was designed by caraudiofab it is 8.5 cubes tuned to 32hz the port is currently facing the read barn doors in my Escalade. 

The setup isn't really pushing much air which I'm kind of depressed about. I am looking at options to move more air!! I was thinking of turning this box around so the port is facing the front of the car? Right now the port is about 8 inches away from the back doors which I don't feel like it is enough room? This is my first build and I don't have any friends that do this so I'm just guessing at this point.

I did have my system tuned at a local car audio shop which helped quite a bit but I'm still not super impressed with the SPL.

This is the  Box I am using below.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

speaker box.jpg

An amp that does rated power would help.

• Like 3

that amps poop and you should double your speakers especially in that big escalade

• Like 2

Amps are great from db-r just be ready to wait longer than the advertised timeframe.

Great choices. I am trying to remember that twisted sounds amp that does over rated.

Edit: Here it is. The 2.8k does 3.6k. I think the 3.5k does almost 5k.

tmp_1134-20160722_181040402788001.jpg

Edited by ShadeTreeMechanic

I would upgrade electrical before I went any further.

And that amp is probably putting out 2000 watts RMS in reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twalker182 said:

I would upgrade electrical before I went any further.

And that amp is probably putting out 2000 watts RMS in reality.

My electrical is actually all 1/0 and I'm running two batteries with bnig a big 3 on both which is 1/0 also. I was thinking about adding an alternator since that Hifonics 3216.1d does pull a lot of juice and sounds fairly decent but I want more!! :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcanderson0 said:

Amps are great from db-r just be ready to wait longer than the advertised timeframe.

So, should I go with the Skar amp or the refurbished from db-r? I mean I guess i'd be waiting 2-3 or more weeks for it so that would suck but they are both the same price and db-r claims that the after market parts they use to refurb make more power and it comes with a 1yr warranty.  I can add a 3yr plan onto that Skar from amazon for $31. I just don't want to get the wrong one and be let down again lol.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jonathan Mills
      Hello all I tried to find this question already asked which I am sure it has been but don't spend a lot of time on the forum and for some reason find it really complicated to search for stuff.
      My equipment Dc Audio level 6 18 m4, Sundown Audio Scv7500.
      Question #1 What is a good setting for my low pass crossover?
      Question #2 My old amp is a Scv3000 it suffered water damage several mosfets were destroyed in the event. Would sundown be the best place to send it for repair?
      I stepped up quite a notch from the 3000 to the 7500 but its bad ass! Love the woofer I have had them all seems like and before reconing this one it was the M2 series which lasted longer than anything I have ever had. I reconned it maybe 2 months ago I probably would have never blown it but my 3000 watt amp was clipping like fu. I purchased a cheap pos oscilliscope for $60 off amazon after the recone and found out my amp was clipping by the time I turned it up to 10 on my deck. This is the reason I purchased the 7500 so my now M4 woofer could enjoy clean power.

Thanks for your time I appreciate anybody answering this question one more time.
    • By Tin Bloke
      Hi there guys after a few suggestions in regards to a new build, Been out the audio game for a couple of years now. (Im from the UK), My UK based forum I used to use seems to have turned from audio to magazine based sadly. 
      My previous build was in a Citroen C2, Consisted of: Ascendant Audio havoc 12" tuned to 33hz, B2 Quota, Focal 165v30, Genesis profile 1 etc,
      Now my new car is a MK1 8n Audi TT 225. 
      I originally had thoughts of going for 2x12" setup but I think im swayed towards 2x15's.
      After a bit of advice on this sort of setup:
      Standard alternator is pushing 120ah
      Subs: Sundown SA-15 x2, How do these run off of 750w. I know there sweet spots like 1k-1.2k, But I can't afford the jump to 2k watt amp/battery.
      Enclosure: Not sure on 15's only ever built 12's, But at a guess Im thinking 7 cu/ft? Ill post in the enclosure page on help regarding this. Tuning wise, had in mind 28hz but maybe around the 31/32? Opinions?
      Amplifier: Sundown SAE-1500D, Any alternatives if this isn't reccomended?
      Battery: Bit of a newbie area to me. Ideally I'd like a big primary battery that can handle the 1500w. Question is do I buy a 12v? Or 14v? I saw the XS Power XE14-50  Which seems to be able to handle 1500w. Any other suggestions would be great.
      Sound deadening: Silentcoat Multilayer, Had great success with this in my previous car so I'll probably jump on that again.
      HU, Front Comps, Comp  Amp undecided yet as I want to work around the sub setup first.
      Design wise, I did a quick sketchup of an idea I have.
      Inside of the TT looks like this:.

I was thinking a sealed forward facing semi wall I guess sort of setup:.

Bare In mind nothing in the sketchup drawings are to scale it's just to see my idea.
      By semi wall, It won't be permanent. I'll be sealing off the the edges of the "wall" with high pressure ducting foam. Will be secured to the car floor in regards to L brackets or however else I decide to do so.

Bare in mind im from the UK guys, Not many suppliers out here of some of the american brands, (1 Authorised sundown dealer in the whole of uk...).

Any helps appreciated

Jay
    • By MünürYılmaz
      I'm really interested in buying some subwoofers from DC audio or Sundown, but really struggling to find dealers in London.
      Does anyone know any retail dealers I can contact to grab myself some gear? thanks!
    • By crucial24
      1 Sundown SAZ-6000
      2 Sundown ZV5 15's
      1 Sundown 200.4 v1
      1 Sundown 50.4
      4 Phoenix Gold Ti Component sets 6.5's
      1 SoundQuest SB2000 (front battery)

Wall tuned to about 36.25hz...

Awaiting:

1 300amp Excessive Amperage alt
      2 Stinger SPP2150 for now....
      4 Sundown SXMP 8's

• By TrillWill
      I have a 2014 Sierra crew can,  and i have listed my seats 3" higher with steel tubing and grade 8 bolts.i did this to build the best and buffer box for this truck.  I previously had 2 sundown x8 prior to me lifting the seats and i want to make something better that i can really feel. What's the best subs and what size that i can put in my truck to get deeper lows? Should i go with 4 8s, 2 10s, or 2 12s?
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 296 Guests (See full list)