Hey guys, loooong time reader here, first time real contributor. I've been helping friends install systems almost my entire life, and have been consistently disappointed with the results because where I lived what was popular was tons of watts on a shit prefab box stuffed with alpine 15s. No amps for the front stage, using rear fill speakers (something I do not care for) also with no amps (entire front stage powered by HU amp) tuned terribly with the deck clipping at half. Just riding around with their systems at clipping, no sound treatment just buzzing like a hive. I had a bunch of shitty shit happen all at once. My car broke down (thankfully I have a truck too) so I decided to spend a little savings to start putting together a system that I would really enjoy without spending ungodly amounts on like class A amps and shit (unnecessary for the music I like anyway) So I have started installing things into my truck, and have unfortunately not been taking pics as I have made progress so I am going to pretty much start from here, with pics coming later. The point of this system being to stay at lowest possible watts while still achieving decent SPL for daily listening and driving (complete daily driver non-comp) and to retain a look that is not too flashy and meshes well with the stock interior.

So far I have:

Installed F.A.S.T. Rings, Installed a new Kenwood HU with basic features and the not too flashy look that I was going for, Installed a JL Audio 2 way system which I just chucked the passive crossover for, installed a pair of 3" mid-ranges and weather treated the rear sides, hooked up a JL audio 360/2 for the mid-bass, hooked up 2 cheapy Pioneer amps for the mids and tweets, hooked up a relay which I think I wired wrong and have to fix soon, ran all the wire, ran distribution blocks, made a new ground, installed all the amps on a very basic placeholder amp "rack" panel behind the seats, installed all the speakers, and the truck is currently at the shop getting a general tune up.

I recently ordered but have not yet received:

some ABS to make fill panels, some second skin resonance panel liner sticky stuff whatever its called, A Sundown Audio E- D4 V.5, A Sundown Audio SAE600-D, Some clamps and general tools, a new woodworking router, various speaker building parts, some DuraTex and a roller, A grill for the subwoofer to protect it in its very exposed position.

Currently I am having some basic work done and trying to get my shop guy to take out my jump seat too, which will make room for the subwoofer box I plan on building. This is going to be a long build however because I am starting with upgrading my workshop before I actually get to work making the box, which I plan on being .85 cu ft with a one side kerfed slot port tuned to 35ish. I was also unfortunately laid off last week so now I feel obligated to spend as little as possible on coming stages which sucks because I was going to set up an air tool system soon. :/ But we soldier on! So the next step is to get you all some pics and the next step in building is to go junkyarding looking for a decent 1 1/2+ HP compressor motor to upgrade this 25$ shitty table saw I have, or possibly also buying an old Craftsman bench to upgrade, but I think my garbage saws guts will be fine, and I plan on building a new fence, top, miter slots, miter gauge, cleaning top to bottom, and changing the pulley size to get the speed perfect, tuning the trueness (whatever. words.) and changing out the motor with a link belt. I think that can make any saw rip with the best of em.

Ill post pics as soon as I get her back.

OnePunch

Is it possible that I could get the first post ^ Deleted?

Hey guys, loooong time reader here, first time real contributor. I've been helping friends install systems almost my entire life, and have been consistently disappointed with the results because where I lived what was popular was tons of watts on a shit prefab box stuffed with alpine 15s. No amps for the front stage, using rear fill speakers (something I do not care for) also with no amps (entire front stage powered by HU amp) tuned terribly with the deck clipping at half. Just riding around with their systems at clipping, no sound treatment just buzzing like a hive. I had a bunch of shitty shit happen all at once. My car broke down (thankfully I have a truck too) so I decided to spend a little savings to start putting together a system that I would really enjoy without spending ungodly amounts on like class A amps and shit (unnecessary for the music I like anyway) So I have started installing things into my truck, and have unfortunately not been taking pics as I have made progress so I am going to pretty much start from here, with pics coming later. The point of this system being to stay at lowest possible watts while still achieving decent SPL for daily listening and driving (complete daily driver non-comp) and to retain a look that is not too flashy and meshes well with the stock interior.

So far I have: Installed F.A.S.T. Rings, Installed a new Kenwood HU with basic features and the not too flashy look that I was going for, Installed a JL Audio 2 way system which I just chucked the passive crossover for, installed a pair of 3" mid-ranges and weather treated the rear sides, hooked up a JL audio 360/2 for the mid-bass, hooked up 2 cheapy Pioneer amps for the mids and tweets, hooked up a relay which I think I wired wrong and have to fix soon, ran all the wire, ran distribution blocks, made a new ground, installed all the amps on a very basic placeholder amp "rack" panel behind the seats, installed all the speakers, and the truck is currently at the shop getting a general tune up.

I recently ordered but have not yet received: some ABS to make fill panels, some second skin resonance panel liner sticky stuff whatever its called, A Sundown Audio E- D4 V.5, A Sundown Audio SAE600-D, Some clamps and general tools, a new woodworking router, various speaker building parts, some DuraTex and a roller, A grill for the subwoofer to protect it in its very exposed position.

Currently I am having some basic work done and trying to get my shop guy to take out my jump seat too, which will make room for the subwoofer box I plan on building. This is going to be a long build however because I am starting with upgrading my workshop before I actually get to work making the box, which I plan on being .85 cu ft with a one side kerfed slot port tuned to 35ish. I was also unfortunately laid off last week so now I feel obligated to spend as little as possible on coming stages which sucks because I was going to set up an air tool system soon. :/ But we soldier on! So the next step is to get you all some pics and the next step in building is to go junkyarding looking for a decent 1 1/2+ HP compressor motor to upgrade this 25$ shitty table saw I have, or possibly also buying an old Craftsman contractor crap table saw to upgrade, but I think my garbage saw's guts will be fine. Besides, I plan on building a new rip fence, bench top, miter slots, miter gauge (buy*), cleaning saw top to bottom, and changing the pulley size to get the speed perfect, tuning the trueness (Whatever. Words.) and changing out the motor with a link belt. I think that can make any saw rip with the best of em.

The current design plan is something like: Upgrade table saw -> Make 2 workshop tables one being a wood router and table saw and one being for assembly and a drill press that needs to be cleaned up -> Assemble the work shop -> Abs panels to fill the door holes (tons in a 2006 Silverado 1500) -> Sound treatment stuck down on the doors and over the abs panels -> Build the sub box -> Finish/ Love/ Paint the box -> Install the box bolted where the jump seat was either bolted to the floor or retrofitting the jump seat's bracket (not sure yet) -> Put grilles over the 3"s -> Tune the whole thing -> organize my flash drive and music -> enjoy and be bummed that the project is over

And EVENTUALLY: Big 3 upgrade -> Bigger Alternator -> XS power battery or some other deep cycle -> switch the sub to a E-D2 V.5 to wire down to 1 Ohm -> Mass loaded vinyl -> Mini DSP -> Power inverter for a few USBs and a regular plug.

Ill post pics as soon as I get her back.

OnePunch

***Edited: First to add some information, then to fix some errors, then finally to format it for looks.

I'm not sure if you're able to edit your first post as a non-paid member, but if you are, click the edit button and then that is your "delete", just backspace what your don't want or whatever. If you're not, you're stuck with it, because I don't think the moderators/admin will delete it for you. 

Doesn't bother me any.  Tuned for pictures.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Lots of words, needs more pics. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

So the man fixing my brake lines and changing my tires is taking forever and claims to have run into some difficulty involving the brake lines so I still don't have my damn truck home, but I fished out all the pics I DID take from this stage of the install so there is at least a little eye candy.

Sub Amp:

Amp.jpg.86d08508d3aa508e5d26a3204b44752a.jpg

Grill for Subwoofer Box:

Grille.jpg.ad955ac599c52b4905f56579057d7bbe.jpg

Amp for midbass and current midbass/tweeter (both to eventually be replaced most likely, I guess we will see how it all sounds together):

58c37e62976d0_Midbassampandcomponent.jpg.c0182fc1e9ebb9c2d48498cb859656d3.jpg

Side of subwoofer, which is the most monsterous 8 I have ever seen in person:

58c37e646230e_SubMagnet.jpg.5aba333348f7c38d430a83f434ecc1a3.jpg

Cone:

58c37e673a3f6_SubwooferCone.jpg.35010b31849ffa39b2b20f9025d6db95.jpg

Well to top everything else off, my grandmother died and now I will be using part of my workshop budget for funerary costs. So no I am looking for a decent premade box just so I can get my doom dooms up and running and feel a little better while I put the custom box off for a while. But now I have questions: The sub I have recommends .3 cu ft, but the box I found that I like is about .95 cu ft, is that too big beyond recommended specs? Will the sub sound like sloppy nonsense, and mash xmax super hard and whatever else? Or would 1 cubic feet not be too terribly big for one 8, Sundown Audio E 8 V.5 on 300 watts at 4 Ohms?

Sorry about your grandfather, .3 cubes is for a sealed box and .9 is to big that might be good for ported , maybe buy that box and put a round port in it but look on sundowns website for box specs.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

So Sundown calls for .8 to .7 cubes for ported , after speaker displacement that box would work just need a aero port . I'm not the guy to ask for what size and how long but there are plenty here.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived