Sundown Audio

JL Audio 1200 amp

Daddy_

I was looking to get a JL Audio HD 1200 but was looking at the pictures and say that there is a infrasonic filter which you can have it off or on and if its on it says on the amp anything below 30hertz wont play. I wanted to set this filter to 27-28hertz. Should I turn it on and have it set to 30hertz or leave it off?

Next is the low pass filter which is called filter freq (HZ) I think im good with this one but wanna make sure I can set it to 80Hz.

Lastly, there is a filer mode switch that says OFF/HP/LP. What is this for? 

If I cant set the subsonic and low pass filter I might just get the JL Audio 1200/v3 which has these settings. Only wanted the HD because its a small amp. I have the pictures below. Top one will be the HD1200 and the bottom will be the 1200/v3

hd12001_zpshwugccn5.jpg

12001v3_zpsk0apc7us.jpg

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

So if you flip the switch to hf or lp filter mode how do you set it?

So say you wanna set the HF you put it on HF and set it with the dail and then does it save or something before you switch it to LF?

No, i beleive its one or the other. I meant to edit my first comment about "bandpass". Band pass is not the same as allpass/fullpass/off. Band pass is what you are now asking about tho, bandpass will let u set a cut off point at a high point and a low point, like for midrages. For example a 6.5inch mid, maybe u cut the lowend off at 120hz and the highend off at 2,500hz. To do that on a amp you would need the "bandpass" option on the amp. 

For sub amps all you need is the LP lowpass, maybe subsonic filter. For highs just the HP highpass. The amps in ur pics i believe are mostly for subs, theyre mono amps. So theres no need for setting a HP, just us the LP. If u want, u can turn on that subsonic and that sorta in a way becomes a HP, because it will cut off lows. 

So I can switch the filter more to LP and have it set to 80Hz and then if I eant have the infrasonic filter on or off. If I have it on nothing below 30Hz will play. Is that right??

the spot on the amp that says  full/HP/LP is the preamp output section for connecting additional amps to it as 

set the preamp out put to HP and set the cross over in that section to about 100 HZ and you use that as a cross over for the mids/hi amp 

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Archived