Sonic Electronix

hello all i was wanting to know how much of a gain ill see..i have a alpine type s on a 600 rms amp but im buying a sundown sa 15 running 1200 in the near future what DB gain should i get or would it even be worth the money to "upgrade"'

• 4 weeks later...

Very worth it.  I am not a fan of Alpine type S subs, not very much output IMO.  Sundown SA series are one of the better sounding subs that there is IMO.  DB wise there are too many variables.  Sound to your ear you will notice a difference.  Make sure you put that sub in a enclosure that is made FOR the SA

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I ended up getting the sa 15 and it does make it difference now my rearview mirror drops down when bass hits but i noticed the box its in is tuned really high because i get no lows or if there is low its really low to the ear..... I have a 05 accord sedan and i mostly listen to rap and r&b what would you suggest me tuning it to and what size box, i dont care for trunk space because i barely use it anyways... anybody feel free to help me out yes the box will be custom.

Archived