Could i compete with ***?

bluegmcjimmy

looking to run.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWd1ShRnPbDG9ppgJKpumdA <---- show some love to my channel

Alpine MRH-F255 (old school), sub channel not used

Skar audio VX35-ST tweets in front  (invest in them they are worth it)

kicker zr120- nice underrated amp

Powerbass s1204 subwoofer in a 1.75 custom slot ported enclosure tuned to 30hz

Front doors Prv 6mb200s 8ohm

Alpine type-e 5.25 in dash took a shave and a hair cut.....- not in use

Rear doors alpine 6.5's model/series unknown but they are loud as hell

Factory alt

3.5 farad cap, does the job for now.

Deck is a pioneer mixtrax 700bt model

And my baby my Pioneer EQ-6500 i got for 10.00

Back-up amps- Ma Audio 598i, kicker zr120, my highly under rated JBL LC-A502 1xx watt amp...

On the side- Quantum tweets not yet installed

If your on facebook join there group (New England Area Car Audio). They post events all the time...especially now that the snow will (hopefully) stop. Not sure if they use other meters but I know they use termlabs. DB drag and bass race, not sure of others....but they are part of NADBL. I may be going out to their shows this summer too. 

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

On 3/12/2017 at 7:14 PM, bluegmcjimmy said:

Wadddup, i metered my thumpidy bump bump with audio controls mobile app and was able to burp a 119.3 db with about 250 rms with a 8ohm sub, could i compete in beginner class, i could get up to about 125 db.

How do u like that mic app thing? Ive got it too and only tried it out once on my stock system, not sure what i was doing lol just wanted to mess around with it. Seemed my stock system peaked at 34hz, i think the loudest was 111, just held the mic up in the air, straight above the shifter. 

Make sure you guys are doing the research on what your phone mics are capable of. Most max out between 100-120dB so they're pretty much useless for car audio. I'd bet that 119.3 reading is near the phone's max, and likely inaccurate.

Like @Kyblack76 said, find out what org. you will be running and where they place the sensor. Rent one for the day or go to a comp and see if they do pay-to-test. Remember that your vehicle will meter differently in different locations so your goal is to get your peak at the sensor placement. That comes with testing. Lots of testing. 

Static drops are my bag.

20 hours ago, mbdblue said:

If your on facebook join there group (New England Area Car Audio). They post events all the time...especially now that the snow will (hopefully) stop. Not sure if they use other meters but I know they use termlabs. DB drag and bass race, not sure of others....but they are part of NADBL. I may be going out to their shows this summer too. 

Im on the south coast i would link up with when one arises locally.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWd1ShRnPbDG9ppgJKpumdA <---- show some love to my channel

Factory alt

Back-up amps- Ma Audio 598i, kicker zr120, my highly under rated JBL LC-A502 1xx watt amp...

11 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

How do u like that mic app thing? Ive got it too and only tried it out once on my stock system, not sure what i was doing lol just wanted to mess around with it. Seemed my stock system peaked at 34hz, i think the loudest was 111, just held the mic up in the air, straight above the shifter. 

its ok, i want to get metered by a termlab just to see how much different they are.

Factory alt

8 hours ago, jk13 said:

Make sure you guys are doing the research on what your phone mics are capable of. Most max out between 100-120dB so they're pretty much useless for car audio. I'd bet that 119.3 reading is near the phone's max, and likely inaccurate.

Like @Kyblack76 said, find out what org. you will be running and where they place the sensor. Rent one for the day or go to a comp and see if they do pay-to-test. Remember that your vehicle will meter differently in different locations so your goal is to get your peak at the sensor placement. That comes with testing. Lots of testing. 

The mic that comes with the audio control thing is plugged into the micro usb thing on the bottom of my phone. Im sure its not the best thing, its just a cool little gadget for the phone. One thing i didnt care for about it is the way i have to generate a signal into my car stereo is through the headphone jack. So the sine waves from the app on the phone goes out the phones headphone jack and into the stereo. And even worst with my stereo im using a cassete adapter lmao. So yah its just to mess around for me.

8 hours ago, jk13 said:

nah it goes higher than that on my phone anyway, I'm gonna pay my buddy a visit and see if he has one, he does compete, he has a shop in ri called werks autosound, he builds some nice boxes and hella custom work, check here https://www.facebook.com/WerksCCA?fref=ts

Factory alt

Archived