LED replacement bulbs and resistors

Hello,

sinple question for your lighting guys. Let's say I replace all my halogen bulbs in my Silverado, do i need to put resistors on every single led or just my run signals to eliminate hyper flashing? 

So so I kinda figured out that the reisitor is mostly for turn signals. I guess my question is is this the best way to regulate the power the led bulb gets? 

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

As far as hyper flash goes, just 1 resistors on each bulb that is replaced with an led (sometimes you can get away with 1 resistor for both the front and back left blinker and the same for the right).
The load resistors are not small round resistors like you see in normal electronics, but actually bulky and typically in an aluminum case for cooling (often times they say you should mount them to metal to dissipate heat better) typically they are 25-50w.

With replacing other bulbs with LEDs just swap them out.

There is no reason to regulate them since they are 12 volts.

The load resistors are just to draw more power than the LED bulb actually needs so the vehicle thinks its a normal bulb.

Some vehicles you can buy actual LED flashers for so you dont need to worry about load resistors.

Sometimes with more advanced vehicles that tell you if you have a burnt out break light you may need to add a load resistor to those other bulbs as well.
For example, in my Cadillac I replaced by brake lights/running lights with LEDs without resistors and due to that I got a check engine light which ended up disabling stability control, traction control, and abs brakes just because the computer thought the bulbs were burnt out.
Instead of adding 6 more load resistors I just put the factory bulbs back in. However with just LEDs in my front/back turn signals, reverse lights, and front running lights there are no issues.

Archived