First major build need advice on upgrading electrical system, please!

So this will be my first major build requiring upgrades to my electrical system and I'm needing some advice/suggestions. I will be running a Fi SP4 v2 dual 2ohm 12" wired to 1ohm on a Soundqubed Q1-4500D.1. Enclosure will be between 3-3.5 cubes tuned to 28hz with 46-52sq. In. Of slot port area. This is in a 2006 Lexus GS300 AWD by the way, But I'm wondering if a 240amp H/O alternator will be sufficient along with an XS battery under the hood and a big XS or two small XS batts in the back will be sufficient so I don't have crazy oltage drop. Oh and I will be listening primarily to rap/hip-hop and will be a daily driver. Money is no object. Just looking for some input on if I'm on the right track from some seasoned bass heads. Thanks in advance!

Ive no experience, but when i see Lexus GS300 and moneys no object. My first thought was "lithium xs15k would be cool to see". Ever considered goin the lithium route? Save u a ton of weight for that lexus. Just tossin you another idea to consider and check out. I have no experience but i plan on using a lithium when i get my build goin. 

That's definitely a possibility but I'm gonna ask around about people's personal experience with the lithium batteries before pulling the trigger and dropping $1700 on a battery even when money isn't an object. Thanks for the suggestion and It is intriguing so I will definitely do some research and see what's up. 

The biggest alt I could find that fits my car is a mechman 240 amp. But I heard there's some company that makes them custom for you and to fit in your car? So I might check that out but I definitely want to make sure I have my electrical setup right before I do the install. Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, Wasteland_Audio said:

Yea a 240 will be enough. And with just one of those XS15k's you will probably never see below 13 volts. Just make sure you do at least 2 runs of decent ofc 1/0 for power and ground.

Okay cool! But yea I already planned on doing 2 runs with 1/0 gauge knukonceptz kolossus fleks. 

Archived