Sundown Audio

Orion XTR 2500.1D Amp Dyno Test

WillistonAudioLabs

• 2 months later...

I run one of these and I can honestly say that this amp is an absolute budget gem! Stock 120 amp alt in a Gen 6 Maxima  with 1/0 gauge big three and jus a group 24 bosch agm in the trunk and this amp does great @ 2 ohms but my voltage does drop to about 12.2 at the lowest slamming 1 sa12. Just buil t a box last night for 2 sa12s but im not going to put them in yet cause im waiting for a mechman 270 and my tranny jus took a shit on me but other than that I really like this amp. Got the 2500.1dz as well as the 1000.4 for $620 on amazon with a 4 yer warranty. Not bad.

On 2/11/2018 at 11:54 AM, DiBo said:

I run one of these and I can honestly say that this amp is an absolute budget gem! Stock 120 amp alt in a Gen 6 Maxima  with 1/0 gauge big three and jus a group 24 bosch agm in the trunk and this amp does great @ 2 ohms but my voltage does drop to about 12.2 at the lowest slamming 1 sa12. Just buil t a box last night for 2 sa12s but im not going to put them in yet cause im waiting for a mechman 270 and my tranny jus took a shit on me but other than that I really like this amp. Got the 2500.1dz as well as the 1000.4 for $620 on amazon with a 4 yer warranty. Not bad.

Awesome! Right now they can be found for around $329 and an absolute steal at that price! The XTR2500.1Dz is more powerful by a few hundred watts, so even a better deal!

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Picked up a Dz off BigD's link a couple weeks ago. Birthed 2930w @12v. Have it at 2ohms on an HDC3.112 and it's the first time I've been able to get this sub to warm up with a little clipping thanks to my stock alt and 4ga I ran for the 1200watts I thought I would be happy with. Thanks for benching the original version of this amp BigDWiz! Now it's time to rewire and find an alternator before I add a second sub. 

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

On a Jeep Grand Cherokee with stock 200 amp alt and 0 gauge wiring what kind of power could I get at 1.3 ohms? 

Want to power 3 8" subs and need around 2,000+ rms for them @ 1.3 ohms, don't know if the impedance rise will hurt me too much also

THX

9 minutes ago, Marito said:

On a Jeep Grand Cherokee with stock 200 amp alt and 0 gauge wiring what kind of power could I get at 1.3 ohms? 

Want to power 3 8" subs and need around 2,000+ rms for them @ 1.3 ohms, don't know if the impedance rise will hurt me too much also

THX

You'd need to rise to under 2.5 ohms. I clamped around 1900 rising from 1-3 ohms. I would get a 4k personally. 

Archived