Sundown Audio

Orion XTR 2500.1D Amp Dyno Test

WillistonAudioLabs

I want to get this amp but the subsonic 25hz or off option is bugging me. My boxes are tuned to mid to high 30s so my ssf needs to be set to 30hz no less or else it starts sounding dirty, (at least it does from testing on other amps), so setting it to 25hz on a 36 to 38hz tuned box sounds like a no go... If anyone can verify this or if 25hz would actually be ok pls let me know. Would love to get this amp!

I think there's better choices. This amp is excellent for 1 ohm SPL applications where you know you're going to need big power at a discounted price. Needs fans IMO. At the very least it needs 2 group 31 batteries also or it runs very hot. Protects easy if precautions aren't taken. In all honesty it's hard to find a good 3k for under $450-$500. I've ran this amp and still run the 1000.4, I wouldn't run an xtr again. 

On 5/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, DiBo said:

I think there's better choices. This amp is excellent for 1 ohm SPL applications where you know you're going to need big power at a discounted price. Needs fans IMO. At the very least it needs 2 group 31 batteries also or it runs very hot. Protects easy if precautions aren't taken. In all honesty it's hard to find a good 3k for under $450-$500. I've ran this amp and still run the 1000.4, I wouldn't run an xtr again. 

I just read this now..after i just won an ebay auction for a used xtr for 220...i have my doubts as im on stock alt with 2 agms. The current draw is high on this amp so its very power hungry hence the heat etc. High maintainance amp.

The other 2 amps i had in mind were the wolfram c2400 and the brutal sounds bs2.1. obv they do way less rms but they are much more efficient esp the bs 2.1 its like 91% efficient and they both have a variable ssf. They barely get warm even when running full blast.

4 minutes ago, akuma4u said:

I just read this now..after i just won an ebay auction for a used xtr for 220...i have my doubts as im on stock alt with 2 agms. The current draw is high on this amp so its very power hungry hence the heat etc. High maintainance amp.

The other 2 amps i had in mind were the wolfram c2400 and the brutal sounds bs2.1. obv they do way less rms but they are much more efficient esp the bs 2.1 its like 91% efficient and they both have a variable ssf. They barely get warm even when running full blast.

I’m currently running 2 Brutal Sounds 2k Amplifiers (1 in the Avalanche and 1 in Dylan’s Cruze). I have absolutely no complaints about them (this coming from a total class AB guy) ...

Sorry to thread jack ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

3 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

I’m currently running 2 Brutal Sounds 2k Amplifiers (1 in the Avalanche and 1 in Dylan’s Cruze). I have absolutely no complaints about them (this coming from a total class AB guy) ...

Sorry to thread jack ... 

Man, i think im gonna grab that bs2.1. Ive heard nothing but good things and so efficient. Never seen such an efficient amp tbh. Now im gonna get a strike for non payment for that orion on ebay ..dang

15 minutes ago, akuma4u said:

Man, i think im gonna grab that bs2.1. Ive heard nothing but good things and so efficient. Never seen such an efficient amp tbh. Now im gonna get a strike for non payment for that orion on ebay ..dang

I running the one in the Avalanche at 4 ohms mono. The Dynamics are impressive on that 15” driver. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived