Second Skin Audio

2 Alpine Type R 15 Getting hot

8 minutes ago, Joe X said:

3-4 per driver that is, if this box is 4 net for two drivers is pretty small and your port area is quite small too, it seems to me now that you cut a second hole to your original box, that is not going to work, you would need at least 6 cubic feet net with 100+ square inches of port area for that to work, if you plan to keep the box you need to place two 12s in it and will work much better.

Hmm okay..  What you think will two 12" in same box be deep as one 15"? I'm thinking for more powerfull 15" 

Depends on the subs (and the enclosure, vehicle) rather than it's size when it comes to getting down, if you want to do a 15 then I would recommend a Fi Q15 neo which will easily take the 2K and is good for the lows, you would need to rebuild your box for greater port area but I think it will still fit without issues.

Have you considered going back to one 15".  It sounded like that was working better for you and it would be your simplest, most cost effective solution.  

You will have to build a bigger box and port for two ported fifteens as was stated above.  Maybe plan that for a future build.  A shame to have to buy two more subs when you already have a pair.  Good luck.

8 minutes ago, Soundfreezer79 said:

Have you considered going back to one 15".  It sounded like that was working better for you and it would be your simplest, most cost effective solution.  

You will have to build a bigger box and port for two ported fifteens as was stated above.  Maybe plan that for a future build.  A shame to have to buy two more subs when you already have a pair.  Good luck.

I don't know if you saw my last post but.. This is biggest box that can fit in my trunk and now I'm thinking about getting more powerfull 15" or two 12".. will see first need to sell this.

12 minutes ago, Joe X said:

Depends on the subs (and the enclosure, vehicle) rather than it's size when it comes to getting down, if you want to do a 15 then I would recommend a Fi Q15 neo which will easily take the 2K and is good for the lows, you would need to rebuild your box for greater port area but I think it will still fit without issues.

Well I'm from europe and we don't have Fi there :/ .. I was thinking about this: http://www.spaudio.it/subwoofer-sp15cc-subwoofer-38-cm-1000-watt-rms-dual-2-ohm.2.11.15.gp.360.uw

Archived