Second Skin Audio

Sealed box for 1-2 American bass xr12s in 2017 mazda3 hatchback

So I just swapped my old 2001 Honda Accord sedan with a new 2017 mazda3 hatchback. I need help finding a way to get deminsions for a box that I'm going to be making for my subs. I have 2 American bass xr12s left over from my old build in the Honda but the problem is I need space in the trunk because it sucks having to pack my rear seats with groceries and craming family members in who have decided they want to bring there big ass purses and back packs with them. So the trunk deminsions I've measured out are 42 inches wide, 24 inches deep, and 20 inches high. I learned from my last build that I want a sealed box but I'm not sure what I want to tuneing frequency to be. I'm open to using 1 sub in the mean time if need be. Also I'm curious that if I invert the woofers would I be able to fit both in. I'm hopeing to keep about 26 inches of width in the trunk. I'll be giving singer alts a call but If anyone knows where I can get an ho alt otherwise I would really appreciate it considering I'll be running about 1100-2200 watts off of my crescendo bc2000.

Yes that's true but the volume that the box is would determine the type of response it would provide. So in that way there is an optimal volume when sealed for each different woofer. I'm asking and may just use a similarly rated DC subs as reference because American bass provides a one box fits all design that is used for a woofer that has any where from 300 watts up to 1500. By that I mean on there website theres one design for 10 inch woofers and one for 12s but it doesn't seem right that a 300 watt and a 1500 watt woofer can use the same sealed box.

Archived