Bad volt drop

So I need some help, I can't figure it out, I've got 2 factory cs130 alternators, and 2 new 800 cca walmart brand batterys, I'm wired to 1ohm sonido mask fx3000 on 2 hdc3 18s, when it gets loud and low the volts drop bad, almost down to 9. I got big 3, everything is 1/0. What do I need to do to stop this? It drops so bad my amp cuts in and out of protect or just makes a horrible noise through the subs and I have to cut it back down. Should I add more batterys or is there some sort of volt regulator I can buy? Any and all help is greatly appreciated 

High output alternator at least 250amps , your 2 130's are 130 max which is very rarely reached on OE alt's , at idle probably seeing 60 to 80 each .  U have to spend money in this audio addiction.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I don't know what kind of car it's going in but for H.O alt's always go as big as u can that way u know u have enough power. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I dont know if its necessary for ur system but maybe another run of 1/0 from alternators +and-  to batteries To Help current flow easier. But do the alt upgrade first, see if that fixes it by itself. Maybe even upgrade ur batteries, cca is just cold cranking amps, important spec for cold weather areas, but not really a important spec for car audio. Check the AH (amp hours) rating, thats usually a decent indicator of power supplying abilities. 

I had the identical problem when I had 1 CAB 1600.1 at .67 ohm... Two stock batteries factory 105 amp alt... etc

Voltage went as low as 9V and high amp cut in and out ... Added another CAB and KNEW I'd better beef up the alt somehow.

Installed a ebay 250A alternator and used the same batteries... Really was psychotic with my big 3 as well... I mean thorough... LOL!

Problem solved!.. :) Now the voltage only JUST BARELY drops under 11V... Even pushing the system really hard!

Go get an alternator!

13 hours ago, 1gggman1 said:

I had the identical problem when I had 1 CAB 1600.1 at .67 ohm... Two stock batteries factory 105 amp alt... etc

Voltage went as low as 9V and high amp cut in and out ... Added another CAB and KNEW I'd better beef up the alt somehow.

Installed a ebay 250A alternator and used the same batteries... Really was psychotic with my big 3 as well... I mean thorough... LOL!

Problem solved!.. :) Now the voltage only JUST BARELY drops under 11V... Even pushing the system really hard!

Go get an alternator!

Thanks for the info, what does your alternator put put at idle? I'm looking at 2 300 amp alternators and one of them doe 160+ amps at idle

I haven't even tested it... I bought the budget option... ebay $135... It's a larger case and probably overrated but one hell of an improvement over the stock alt...

Takes power to make power they all say... I'm almost embarrassed because I already knew this... tryin' to save a buck by keepin' the stock alt was idiotic on my part...

If you get a BIG single alt ... Singer,Mechman ... etc... you should be fine.

Archived