Sundown Audio

New subs and hardly any output from amp

gmoxley1

Alright so I've had my amp (saz-1200D) for about 2 years now and I recently sold my old subs to a friend to help pay for my new subs. I just got one of my new subs (SA-12 D4) in the mail. So I take it out the box set it in the truck and wire it up in parallel, positive to positive and negative to negative and check it with a cheap handheld meter and got almost exactly 2 ohms. When I went to play music I had almost zero output. I thought there was no output until I went in and changed my sub level to max just to see if it would move and it just barely vibrates.

What's weird though ia that my SMD OM-1 shows everything is nor.al output wise at the volume level I nor.ally listen at. Nothing has been changed since the last subs were in place.

Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks!!

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Same thing happened to me. I didn't have a solid connection with speaker wire to the spring terminals. After a little trimming and alot of twisting, was able to fit true-spec 12awg paralleled in the 8awg spring terminals alot better...problem solved. Hope your issue is as simple as that. Good luck 

Thanks for the input! I found my issue which was a little bit of my fault and manufacturers defect. So the terminals colored red for positive and black for negative were placed backwards on the basket on one coil and the black was on positive and the red was on negative. So when I wired it up, one could was trying to move on way while the other was trying to move the other way

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Archived