how much electrical i ened for 2 5ks at 1 ohm?

was wired to 1.6 ohms per ampwaswas I was at 1.6 per amp before, the soundqubed hdc4 only comes in dual 1 ohm which actually reads at .8.

ordered some custom drop ins at dual 2 ohm

at 1.6  per amp I was plenty good on voltage except when idling, which I did raise the idle to about 1050 on car. helped a bit but still got into low 12s pretty quickly

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you play music the impedance fluctuates so you never really see 0.67 and i don't know what mine rises to but there ware ways to figure it out.  I am prolly some where around 3-5+ while playing music 

As you read and learn more about car audio you will understand this more.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

23 minutes ago, Karkov said:

As you play music the impedance fluctuates so you never really see 0.67 and i don't know what mine rises to but there ware ways to figure it out.  I am prolly some where around 3-5+ while playing music 

As you read and learn more about car audio you will understand this more.

Oh I understand just fine. I'm just used to competitors talking about there actual measured impedance. They can saifly wire lower because there playing tones and can measure impedence and where with music you can't really measure it all and that's why I never recommended wiring below recomended. Problem is impedance falls just as much as it rises on music and you can't always count on it to save your equipment like just playing tones. Don't know how many guys I seen wire to .5ohm then wonder why they fried there amp. UNless your chasing db's I don't think it's worth it. 

Yes, ALWAYS a risk when wiring below rated impedance.  I am willing to take the risk to gain a little more power to the subs.  Amps with good circuitry should be able to protect rather than fry but there's always that chance.  I use a big battery bank to protect my amp boards from low voltage as well.  I would never wire as low as 0.25 for a daily because you are getting so close to a dead short then.  I would maybe consider 0.5 (on a 1 ohm rated board) on a daily but that would be it, generally I like to stick to rated.  If you are on a PC and not your phone my signature states I am/was going from 2 amps at 0.67 each to 3 amps at 1.0 each for the daily.  Other things get affected too like dampening factor for example but I'm sure the amount is moot.  

At the end of the day I don't recommend to anyone to run below rated but for me it's my money and time invested so I do what i want, LMAO

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

19 hours ago, Shine pro said:

And I said MAX like that's the most it will ever possibly draw as we all know daily musical builds are dynamic and don't draw any where near what burps do from several factors, i.e. Voltage drop, impedence change, music dynamics and so on. And without knowing all these it's hard to guess his exact draw, we just know it want be over the max of 500amps a amp.  

No matter how you slice it, it is tremendously unreasonable and unrealistic to account for 1000A of draw.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I wanted to get dual 1.4s but couldn't find somone to do that in a reasonable amount of time. I plan on changing subs this year sometime maybe I can get down to .7 or so each amp then

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

3 hours ago, hdorre said:

No matter how you slice it, it is tremendously unreasonable and unrealistic to account for 1000A of draw.

Dat overkill doe. 

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

On 3/27/2017 at 1:59 PM, Kyblack76 said:

You never go below your nominal load. If you start at .5, that's the lowest the amp will ever seen. Load NEVER decreases from nominal. Only increases.  

Uh no this is not true unless your just playing sign waves like competitors. Impedance rises and FALLS on music and that's why saying (box rise) isn't exact

y right. I prefer impedance change as it tells the whole story. If that was the case you could wire at .25 and never worry about dead shorting your amp. Truth is unless you measure all frequency's at all voltage you want know what it's gonna rise or fall to hence why you should never wire below rated impedance unless you know your not gonna dip to low and can support the huge draw.  We where talking to Jacob from sundown about this very topic and he explained it pretty much like I just did. 

30 minutes ago, Shine pro said:

Uh no this is not true unless your just playing sign waves like competitors. Impedance rises and FALLS on music and that's why saying (box rise) isn't exact

y right. I prefer impedance change as it tells the whole story. If that was the case you could wire at .25 and never worry about dead shorting your amp. Truth is unless you measure all frequency's at all voltage you want know what it's gonna rise or fall to hence why you should never wire below rated impedance unless you know your not gonna dip to low and can support the huge draw.  We where talking to Jacob from sundown about this very topic and he explained it pretty much like I just did. 

Um   Yes.  From NOMINAL.   Not reactive. Read and be smart. 

Archived