DD-1 and Kicker marine System

Flytmech

I bought the DD-1 for setting my gains on a Kicker KXM800.5 installed on my boat.  The rest of the system is all Kicker marine with a Kicker KMC20 Head Unit, 4 EA  8 inch 4 ohm speakers 41KM84LCW and 1 EA 10 inch 4 ohm Subwoofer 41KMW104LC.

The KMC20 is tunning as distortion free through the amp all the way up to level 50.  (Kicker says this isn't possible as all of their head unit distort, they say never go above 40 on the volume)

So here is my issue with the DD-1: Head unit setting at Level 50

The AMP 1 and AMP 2 both setup fine with the DD-1 showing distortion around 1/4 gain with crossovers turned off and Freq turned all the way up.

The Issue: The Sub Amp will only show a blink of the distortion light at about 1/3 gain and never goes steady red light all the way to max gain.

I currently have the gain set at the blink of the distortion light but this is not in line with the instructions or purpose of owning the DD-1.  Is there a specific setting I am missing from the possible settings below for the SUB AMP?

58d4dc6aab109_KXM800.5Settings.JPG.ed28e68b8820e71d8331211982edbef3.JPG

Maybe this is not an issue and if so I am good with that.  I would appreciate any help / input to my issue...

Thanks,

Flyt

Make sure you have all filters/crossovers off while setting, or your high pass filters (including subsonic filter) turned as low as possible, and low pass filters turned as high as possible. Check both the amp and head unit filters (of head unit has filter settings, which most do, however basic).

Archived