• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

That turned out good. Hard to see what you in visioned until the end and it works nicely. 

Thanks man!  I had a picture in my mind how I wanted it to look, it came out pretty close.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Never seen anything like this. Hats off for originality as well as rock-solid execution. Looks like something you'd see in a Japanese home entertainment center or something ?. Basehead fengshui. 

Edit... Feng shui is Chinese not Japanese. Didn't want to come off like an idiot. Lol

A true work of art, sir. Original as heck. Very cool!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

6 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Is that solid copper rods???? As ur speaker wire.

Yup, its just some 12 gauge romex. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Nice install! SQ wise, how does it sound compared to the 12" 40hz TH? That enclosure reminds me of JL Audio's TH ish enclosure.

JLAUDIO_HO112-W6V3-3.jpg

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

4 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

Nice install! SQ wise, how does it sound compared to the 12" 40hz TH? That enclosure reminds me of JL Audio's TH ish enclosure.

Well they are very different enclosures.  The 12" TH was very efficient, and had flat response up to around 150 hz (much higher than I need), but its output began to roll off below 50 hz.  The Fi 15" is tuned to 30 Hz so it plays much lower.  

I need to measure my frequency response with the new sub and adjust my DSP according.  I get a pretty big peak in output between 40-50 Hz from cabin gain, so that needs to be smoothed out a bit more.  

Builds:

Archived