Second Skin Audio

Suggestions for Two 10w6v3s

Ryan Lynch

Looking for help on designing a ported box for 2x 10w6v3s. They'll be wired @ 1 ohm and ran off a Fosgate Prime r1200-d1.

I know people often run these sealed but I'm thinking since they'll be getting just about the recommended power, going ported will help them be more efficient on said power. Plus, my civic's trunk is a decent size so I'm not very limited on space. Originally I was thinking of paying someone to design/build a box for me, considering all I have is a jigsaw and a circular saw but the only person I could find locally is dragging their ass..

My dimensions are 37" x 22" x 14" 

By the woofers I picked this is probably obvious but I'm leaning toward SQL, sounding good with decent output. With the searching I've done quite a few people have said not follow JL's ported specs. Just seeing what you guys think.

Here's some winisd plots on what I'm thinking of going for (white is the JLs, red is my current single type r 10" in a preaky prefab ported box)

Pz0mYsq.png

JwxZO3P.png

And of course here's JLs specs plugged in:

q0xxNHm.png

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

These subs really work in small boxes so the 0.75 net would do fine for a flatter alignment, JLs tuning though is on the higher side, if you want to reach the lower notes a bit better, lower tuning is in order, for the two subs I would suggest  2 net @ 34 Hz with 34-36 square inches of port area (subs and port firing back for your vehicle), the plot below shows projected performance inside the vehicle rather than outside like the curves you posted so it's somewhat more accurate.

10w6v3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived