Second Skin Audio

RE XXXv2 15 box design- help/suggestions

tripsicks

So I'm trying to design a box for my escalade, for my 15" RE XXXv2, The sub will be in place of my left side third row seat which will be removed, i have a max width of 24", max depth of about 30", and

i'd like to keep the height down to 18- 

Box design I'm coming up with looks to end up around 4.3 cubes before driver (approx .27ft^3) 14.9in^2  port per cube, tuned to ~29hz, this was all done on REAudios "box calculator" as i dont have access to anything else/know how to use anything else, I've had some pretty good luck with their calculator in the past but I'm trying to keep my guess work to a minimum, so I'm hoping someone can go over this for me and possibly give suggestions. 

4.3%20cube%20net%2029hz%2014.9%20sq%20in

Plugging your dimensions into Torres I get  ckose to the same 4.27 cu. ft. and 29 tune. you will want to double up on the baffle so that will drop your volume and raise tuning; as will the sub displacement and the other bracing. accounting for those i come out to 3.73 cu ft tuned to 31.

5 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Plugging your dimensions into Torres I get  ckose to the same 4.27 cu. ft. and 29 tune. you will want to double up on the baffle so that will drop your volume and raise tuning; as will the sub displacement and the other bracing. accounting for those i come out to 3.73 cu ft tuned to 31.

Thanks for checking that out for me, not many options for me to look in to it on my Macbook, I'm sure theres something out there, but I don't know how to use those programs as this is just a hobby for me. 

I did plan on double baffling the front and top by placing the second layer on the out side of the box and increasing those dimensions by the 3/4" MDF,  might resin the inside of the box or add dowel rod as bracing.. not too sure yet, like I said I am open to suggestions 

Archived