2009 Mercury Mainer HU & Speaker install

IMG_0427_zpscn2ahyum.jpg

HU was $330 off amazon.

IMG_0428_zps2qlgmtzz.jpg

Picked this up yesterday @ Perfectioist Car Audio(Best audio shop in Anchorage) $220.

IMG_0429_zpspyaunvwj.jpg

A few hours of direction reading, soldering and harness was done.

IMG_0430_zpsi5ad5sgk.jpg

Prepped it for install this morning. Still have the cables above to run and plug in.

IMG_0432_zpsxc8ll6ul.jpg

Did it Steve Meade style and just threw that shit out on the floor. Ha ha

IMG_0431_zpsagzptsue.jpg

So i must admit i know shit about these AppRadio's. I put one in my brothers 09 Ranger but his was the AppRadio 4. I assumed this had a CD/DVD player...NOPE! I was like WTF for $330 it doesn't play either? Well pushing 50 i guess i am pretty old school and this generation streams, bluetooth's and use Pandora or Amazon. I like my CD's and use a loaded Ipod for my music. Grew up with 8 tracks & cassette's so my first impression was this HU was a waste of money.

But after installing it and running thru the functions it is pretty nice. It has manual time alignment, good EQ options, good crossover option w/ ability to change db slopes. Has a stock amp & sub in the rear which thru this HU sounds really good. The Punch 6x8's up front in the rear sound really nice with the FAST RING system  we installed on the original install. After tuning it you can go up to max volume(40/40) and sounds really good and gets loud. Funny how the simple builds & upgrades sound so good when done right.

His wife is loving it after 8 months with no tunes. I give the HU a really good rating and system over all rocks nicely. I think it will motivate his to start buying shit up this summer to put a system in his 94 GMC ext cab truck by next winter. Especially with me busting his balls that his  wife has bass and he doesn't! lol

Archived