XS Power

Yeah there is a lot of hearsay and misinformation in the lithium and battery game in general, hell just car audio as a whole. Lol.

If it means anything to you, the alternator setup in my video is a Singer 300 and a stock Alt. So about 390A of revved output on tap. And about 260A of idle output on tap. And you see how little it was actually drawing. Alternators weren't being killed. That is after 2:00 of a sustained bassline dropping the battery into the low-mid 12's.

The people I have seen say lithium killed their alts are the people who have ran XS Power... And coincidentally I have seen lots of cases of XS Power lithium batteries miserably failing to perform and dropping voltage bad. Which of course would cause the alternators to work harder. Food for thought. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

3 minutes ago, Raptorman said:

Yeah there is a lot of hearsay and misinformation in the lithium and battery game in general, hell just car audio as a whole. Lol.

If it means anything to you, the alternator setup in my video is a Singer 300 and a stock Alt. So about 390A of revved output on tap. And about 260A of idle output on tap. And you see how little it was actually drawing. Alternators weren't being killed. That is after 2:00 of a sustained bassline dropping the battery into the low-mid 12's.

The people I have seen say lithium killed their alts are the people who have ran XS Power... And coincidentally I have seen lots of cases of XS Power lithium batteries miserably failing to perform and dropping voltage bad. Which of course would cause the alternators to work harder. Food for thought. 

Thanks for the input.. i still have a lot of research to do.. another thing i consider is the temperature.. here where im at it gets cold.. like 0.. a buddie of mine who has a few lithium's couldn't even play his car because it was too cold with the lithium's.. well thanks for the insite.  looks like i have much more learning to do

:ninja:

3 minutes ago, Ninja_v1.0 said:

Thanks for the input.. i still have a lot of research to do.. another thing i consider is the temperature.. here where im at it gets cold.. like 0.. a buddie of mine who has a few lithium's couldn't even play his car because it was too cold with the lithium's.. well thanks for the insite.  looks like i have much more learning to do

:ninja:

They will work in cold temperatures but prefer higher temperatures. The cells used in the JY's perform best around the 120*F range. As you draw current through the battery it will warm the cells up and will perform better. This is observed in my 2:00 bassline during the recharge tests where in the beginning I am dropping to 12.3 lowest and by the end of the 2:00 it's CLIMBED up to the 12.8 area.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Kevin Ross of Juicebox has done some cold weather testing. Let a 40AH battery sit in 10 degree weather for 1 hour and then did load testing on it. Seemed to do well. There's multiple videos. Same chemistry as JY/Limitless/etc. Lifepo4. Different cells being used, though, which will probably make things differ slightly from battery to battery but gives you an idea.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 10:17 AM, Kyblack76 said:

I was gonna say if i (when i) do lith, it will be JY. Ive just read way to many very positive reviews from the product, to the people running the show (Trav and Yeuy). I also have heard some not so popular stuff regaurding the XS liths. And im a XS nut hugger. Through and through, but, ..... its just what ive seen and read, and talking to alt builders about lith, one was sorry to say, that the xs lith, wasnt up to par from what hes tried, and seen ran.

Ive never ran any lith, so, this is all my opinion from talks, reading, and such. Just tossing it out there. 

Agreed everyone n my areab(Alabama) ditched their xs lithiums for limitless for a reason

12 hours ago, bigp88 said:

Agreed everyone n my areab(Alabama) ditched their xs lithiums for limitless for a reason

Everyone I know ditched XS for well, anything. lmfao. Except one person. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Adding my few cents as well on lithium. 

When I first start my car my alt does go balls to the wall for about 15 seconds bringing the voltage up from 13.7v to 14.3v. Hell it even makes my belt slip there is such a load at the start. The cold affects lithium huge. When it's 20-40F I can drop down to 12.2-12.5 fairly easily. On a nice 70F day I'll cook my coil before i make it touch 12.8. Usually I'll only drop to 13.1 This is all with the cheap winston lithium, which I don't recommend to people who haven't done any in depth research on lithium. I recommend JY 100% for anyone just getting into it.

In regards to charging, the lower SOC the battery is, the less resistance it has. As it reaches full charge the resistance increases.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.