XS Power

1st questions i plan on running 12k rms  and i noticed that the XS15k and XS30k are the max rating and the continuous are half the max. So does that mean i would have to get a XS30k for my 12k rms system or will the XS15K be good enough. And what the difference between the spl version and non spl 

2nd question I started to look at some post about them and I noticed someone said that they were informed by XS Power that the battery perform best at 11.8v. Is this true?  This information kinda threw me off because I don't like going below 12v. That makes wonder where the the 16v version perform best at. 

3rd questions how will they handle mixing with agm batteries? I currently have 2 xs power battery a D5100r and a D2400. And I also will be buying a charger. I was going to buy a XS Power PSC15 but I also noticed XS have lithium chargers. Can i charge them all together or separate or delete the agm batteries? Will it matter if I used the PSC15 for the lithium battery, or is it a must that i get a lithium charger?

4th question be honest with me, do you guys really think it's worth getting lithium battery. And do you think the other companies lithium battery like jy or limitless are good?

5th question is not a lithium question, just don't feel like making another post for this simple question. But my D2400 crack on the side and leaked from it. I removed it and put my voltmeter on it read 12.6v and it did well on a load test. So I just put glue on the crack and put back in the car. Should I be worried about it. I've had that battery since 2011

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

I'd suggest looking into a lifepo4. I just found a company this morning that has them priced way cheaper than expected. They did a head to head against my power and held up better than the my power.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

lithium is definitely where its at if long term demoing is your goal, for SPL its not the best but will work because the voltage does stay in the 12's, with continuous output, rather than caps which have output at a higher voltage but voltage drops off quicker. 

as for your other questions, lithiums are fine paired with AGM batteries, they just have mildly different floating voltages so when your vehicle is off the lithium will be drained down to battery level, but its not a problem as long as you have a good alternator. also you can charge lithium with a regular battery charger, but unlike AGM, you cannot leave it to "maintain" the battery, they need to be charged then taken off the charger since they can be over charged and become volatile. you just have the watch the voltage and take it off once it reaches peak charge voltage, a lithium battery charger will simply know when to stop so you dont have to watch it, along with cycle the battery for you to keep it alive longer

Edited by tboorn

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

5 minutes ago, baron_of_bass said:

Thought I remember someone saying they weren't.

Im sure someone did. The misinformation is incessant. 

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I know on one post I said I didnt think they where, but in the same thread I later said I was wrong.

They never advertise what they where and I couldnt find out until a month ago while talking with Scottie.

The XS Power batteries have crazy protection built into them, unlike other brands being mentioned.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1