Mid range suggestions

carsontinsley

Hey my name is carson and im 17. I have a 2000 cherokee classic with the infinity system package. Right now i have 2 mtx 8" tubes and 4, 5 1/4" kicker coaxial speakers. I have had decided to upgrade what i have. Right now my plan is to get 2 American Bass XFL 10's. So far i have one sub, and waiting to purchase another one. The box im making is going to be ported and i overall need some help with this sort of thing. I want a loud system but nothing too crazy. I wanted to do 4 6.5" mid range speakers and went to skar for that. No clue what i should do for amps for the mid range and the subs. The subs are 1000rms and i was also going to get a new mechman alternator. oI know i sound like a newby cause i am. lol i just need some guidance so if you guys could help me revise my plan and give me your opinion, that would be awesome. also sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. 

what car?

what is your budget?

how much power do you want to push max between subs and mids and highs?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

A 6.5" driver is not a midrange driver. I don't care what the companies call them. 

Just Saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 1 year later...

Hi Carson,

A 1000watt RMS on each sub, say you have the 4 ohm dual coil, you can wire the subs in parallel and then each other in parallel to get a 1 ohms load. The best option would be to get a Amp that matches the 2000watt and is stable at 1 ohm. 

If you can’t find a 2000w amp, for your budget you can work the subs independently like each sub in to 2 ohms - in that scenario you will need a 2 amps that drive 1000watts and stable at 2 ohm. In this  scenario the tuning is harder because The subs aren’t 100% equal and matching gains can be time consuming.

Regarding the frons/rear speakers depend on how you like your sound, you should consider that you will be having a huge base, so front and rear need to be able  to compensate for that. Say you will be aimin for a 30% of sound on your mids and 70% on the subs - 2000RMS / 0.7 = 2857 RMS Watts. This means you will need about 850 Watts RMS on your front and rear .

hope this helps

—————————————————————————————————————

HU - Alpine - CDA-9887R

Changer - Alpine - CHA-S624

Amp - RF - R600x5

Front Speakers - RF - P165-SI + Alpine SPG-10C2

Rear Speakers - RF - P1650

Sub - RF - P2D4-10 on Vented Box 

Hi again,

forgot to say that the 850 warm is the total wattage for all 4 speakers you should use, meaning each set (speaker + tweeter ) have around 220 Watts RMS.

Movepage

—————————————————————————————————————

HU - Alpine - CDA-9887R

Changer - Alpine - CHA-S624

Amp - RF - R600x5

Front Speakers - RF - P165-SI + Alpine SPG-10C2

Rear Speakers - RF - P1650

Sub - RF - P2D4-10 on Vented Box 

Archived