Sonic Electronix

Hey my name is carson and im 17. I have a 2000 cherokee classic with the infinity system package. Right now i have 2 mtx 8" tubes and 4, 5 1/4" kicker coaxial speakers. I have had decided to upgrade what i have. Right now my plan is to get 2 American Bass XFL 10's. So far i have one sub, and waiting to purchase another one. The box im making is going to be ported and i overall need some help with this sort of thing. I want a loud system but nothing too crazy. I wanted to do 4 6.5" mid range speakers and went to skar for that. No clue what i should do for amps for the mid range and the subs. The subs are 1000rms and i was also going to get a new mechman alternator. oI know i sound like a newby cause i am. lol i just need some guidance so if you guys could help me revise my plan and give me your opinion, that would be awesome. also sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. 

Checkout CT-sounds website. Good priced stuff. Since your buying peice by peice as u get more money, id say finish what youve started. Get ur other sub, get an amp for the subs, then build ur box. Then upgrade ur electrical. Mechman, 1/0 Big Three, if ur battery is fine, leave it, if not get one from XS power. After you do all that then work on ur front stage. 

Also a budget might help others give u some more specific help. Either a total budget, or a section by section budget (just amount ur willing to spend) like how much are u willing to spend on a sub amp, how much u willing to spend on a mids&highs amp. How much u willing to spend on ur mids&highs speakers. 

Also some  quality sound deadening material would help if you dont already have some. Check out SecondSkin. 

My total budget was $1100. Sorry for being so blunt about it. Also capacitors.. think they're a good idea? My friends dad owns an audio shop, but he's always busy. Only other person that could help which is my dad. He had 8 15's in an 85 mustang hatchback though he wants me to get 4 alpine bass line 10's.  just a little confused but I, very thankful for your help. 

Welcome to the forum.  There are lots of people here who will be happy to help you!

As far as capacitors go, some people think they are great, others don't.  I don't use them myself, but I'm not a car electrical expert.  

I think your plan for two 10"s sounds reasonable.  Everyone has a different opinion as far as how loud they like their music to be, so its hard to say what will be right for you.  Two 10"s will be a big upgrade from a couple bass tube though so I think its a good choice.  You can always upgrade more from there if you think you need to.  

I also just got a Jeep XJ, I have a build log showing my progress, maybe it will give you some ideas: 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Do you think an 170 amp alternator would work? or would i have to go to a 240? My main goal is to run 1000 watts to each sub and 70-100 to each door speaker assuming i get ones that can handle it. Not wanting to do anything over 100 watts each door speaker. 4 "door speakers" total. and also thinking about doing 2 super tweeters. They're about 60 watts rms and do you think that i can fit 6.5's in my doors without chopping?

Are you planning on installing coaxial speakers in the doors? Because they have a built in tweeter.  Component sets include tweeters and a convenient xover, should you go that route (recommended over coaxials by me).  If you install supertweeters as well, you will effectively have 6 tweeters shrieking away, doing weird things to the soundstage and generally making a whole lot of ear-pain-causing high end noise/sound.  

Suggestion; skip the supertweeters altogether, get a good set of components for the front stage, forget about the back for now. This will save you money for other stages.  Go from there if 100 watts rms to a side isn't loud on a good set of well installed components.  

17 minutes ago, Soundfreezer79 said:

Are you planning on installing coaxial speakers in the doors? Because they have a built in tweeter.  Component sets include tweeters and a convenient xover, should you go that route (recommended over coaxials by me).  If you install supertweeters as well, you will effectively have 6 tweeters shrieking away, doing weird things to the soundstage and generally making a whole lot of ear-pain-causing high end noise/sound.  

Suggestion; skip the supertweeters altogether, get a good set of components for the front stage, forget about the back for now. This will save you money for other stages.  Go from there if 100 watts rms to a side isn't loud on a good set of well installed components.  

Yeah i was looking at some CT sounds component speakers. Im over the coaxials i have. Probably going for the 6.5 neo pro's when i get paid again. Also found an amp for $138 and its a ct sounds AT-500.1 class D mono block. Could it be used to power my door speakers? Comes with a bass knob and some other stuff so i can possibly save some money later on down the line. I really go paycheck to paycheck and car insurance takes up about half of it so its a slow process. if the amp isnt a good deal, ill just buy my second sub.

The 500.1 is a one channel sub amp.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

y

15 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

The 500.1 is a one channel sub amp.

yeah i figured that out. Just bought a hiphonics brutus 1100 and gonna power the sub off it. Stepdad told me he got stuff stolen multiple times and doesnt want the same to happen to me. Basically if the sub sounds good, ill save up money for a nicer amp and some other stuff then go on to buying the second one later. It's my money and i can do what i want but im gonna be weary of what i do and where i go. Probably gonna get a 4 channel later on for my doors

Archived