Rockford T2500BDCP power supply issues

hey guys, first time poster long time reader. Im hoping to get some good opinions on my issue as to what I should be doing as I don't want to be spending heaps of money on things and not get anywhere. I have a rather large Rockford stereo consisting of 2 T2500BDCPs, one to run 6 p3 12s and the other to run 4 punch pro 10s for mid bass, a T10004AD running 8 punch pro 8' mids, a T4004 running 8 punch pro tweeters, a T6004 to run my front stage, 2 3sixty.3s and a pioneer Dex P99RS running it all. Electrical is supplied by a mechman 370amp alt leading down 2 runs of 00gauge to 4 105ah deep cycle agms with copper bars and full stainless hardware. I installed this just on a year ago upgrading from my previous setup to improve efficiency and have longer runtime with the car not running, I do mobile entertainment hire with the car so that's the reason for the battery choice. About a month or so after I put it in, I noticed a noise coming from the pro tweeters. I turned off the rear wall as its separate from the front stage and had a look at what the noise could have been from. I couldn't find anything that jumped out at me so I just reframed from using the rear wall, little did I know that it was in the front stage too as it wasn't noticeable due to the pro tweeters in the wall have high sensitivity and the front stage doesnt. A few months later after the 2 new subs were worn in I noticed problems when trying to use the processors remotes, both would do strange things or freeze and turn off. I had the processors both checked by the company that distributes Rockford in Australia and they said they are fine. About 6 months ago I decided to ask my amp repairer if he could find what is wrong, the first thing he found was the noise coming from my speakers was an oscillating noise that, even with both processors removed from the car and the rcas not hooked up to anything was being produced. He then checked for noise on the batteries when the stereo is on and off, when on it spiked noise across the terminals. We turned each amp on individually and found the 2 T2500BDCPs to be causing the noise which then just to be sure, we tested them outside of the car on another battery and there was noise across the terminals. He is 99% sure its the input caps are failing and low in farads. Ive been told by a few people and the Rockford rep that I should install caps into my system and a few people say it wont help due to having a solid electrical system and how its used. Since finding out that the amps are needing repairs I have been waiting 6 months so far for them to fix them under warranty and still nothing as yet on what they want to do. They still work but due to the interference I get with everything in the stereo it annoys me to no end and the fact I cant even finish tuning is worse considering if have a lot of tuning ahead to do. My question is will caps help me or be a waste of money and yes I do know the proper use of a cap? I should mention that 1 T2500 had less than 4 hours use when it started making the noise as well and that both amps were not pushed hard only due to wearing in new speakers and subs.

I wouldn't worry too much about the caps in regards to correcting your problem. Have you identified what is causing the problem yet? You said you play with the car not running, how do you monitor voltage during that time and are you sure you aren't just starving them of power? 

as a side note, I would find a different amp for the mid bass, ideally you don't want those on a mono signal but that has nothing to do with your question :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I think they advised caps because they act as filters for low frequencies. That's why when you buy a pair of super tweeters they sometimes come with a cap soldered onto them from the factory to block low frequencies. That's just a guess though.

- 2009 Toyota Matrix Base -

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

- SoundQubed SQ-2200.2 x 2 -

Welcome to smd. That has to be the longest first post ever. Lol Something definitely wrong with the amp if it does it on the bench. External caps won't help as the problem is likely in the power supply inside the amps. The only solution is to have Rockford fix the amps or buy new ones. Turning the gain way down might help maybe but unfortunately there is not much else that you can do. Please post some pics if you can.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

25 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the caps in regards to correcting your problem. Have you identified what is causing the problem yet? You said you play with the car not running, how do you monitor voltage during that time and are you sure you aren't just starving them of power? 

as a side note, I would find a different amp for the mid bass, ideally you don't want those on a mono signal but that has nothing to do with your question :)

Im not worried about the caps correcting it as if i were to install them it would just be a band aid fix of the problem. I havent identified the problem yet, still trying to narrow it down. With how i have the system setup it always has a volt gauge going when the stereo is on and with these amps i havent let voltage drop below 12.5

9 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Welcome to smd. That has to be the longest first post ever. Lol Something definitely wrong with the amp if it does it on the bench. External caps won't help as the problem is likely in the power supply inside the amps. The only solution is to have Rockford fix the amps or buy new ones. Turning the gain way down might help maybe but unfortunately there is not much else that you can do. Please post some pics if you can.

Yeah my bad on that one, was hoping to cover most of it straight up but i did leave some stuff out thats not important. When we were testing the amps on the bench as soon as we disconnected the power cables we used a jumper lead across the positive and negative of the amp. Neither amp gave a good zap unlike the 12v inverter he just finished putting new caps in, sounded like a whip crack when he did it on it. Sadly the gain is almost as low as it can go cause of the 3sixty and all my gains were setup with a -5db overlap using a scope to ensure all was good. If my phone didnt get smashed on the weekend i would gladly upload some pics but until i can get them off it i dont have any 

10 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

So you have noise coming from speakers, and it's coming from amps that don't run said speakers ? Noise from your pro tweets, that the 2500s don't touch?

Every single speaker gets affected and that includes subs, it varies intensity most of the time as some days you can hear it and some you dont. Some days I have just turned the stereo on and ill get a constant bass note from the subs or you get what sounds live a wave tone going up and down frequencies through the mids and highs. The worst one would have to be it sounding like a 2 stroke bike screaming along from about 2kms away. This occurs whether you have music playing or not and volume doesnt change when you turn the volume up or down either. If the 2 amps are not turned on and the rest of them are its all sweet but as soon as they get turned on you hear it almost straight away. Also when i last was playing with the gains on the tweeter amp i noticed that the output on the scope was hard to read on the peaks. It was very fuzzy like and appeared like it was a bit unstable but the rest looked alright. It also likes to freeze my computer lots when im tuning as well

Can only upload one pic so until I can the speaker wall is facing you when you open the boot, the 8 tweeters are in the tailgate, the 8 8' speakers are semi sealed sitting on the box with the 4 10' speakers in them which is fully sealed and some deadener in it. The amp rack is situated right behind the speaker wall and when turned up ,can be heard over 2kms away