Second Skin Audio

Shallow subs

Beanz

First things first, what are your friends goals for the system and what is he expecting out of a subwoofer?

my guess is that hes looking for something hes not going to get out of a shallow mount.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much this is going into the bottom of the seats of his 2014 silverado. And believe me shallows are not the best but its what i have to work with since he does't want to raise the seats up. Just having some issues with the current subs he has.Not sure if bad glue from the dust cap not attaching right or not. But hoping once he gets the replacement it'll be fixed. But still looking at other options out there. 

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Yeah those illusion audios might be out of the budget lol 

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

15 hours ago, kam311 said:

Damm, that sucks. Do you mind sharing info about the set up. What type of power are they on, and what is the enclosure like? I was looking into putting one of them in my wife's ride in a sealed setup. I hear that you really need to make sure the enclosure isn't any bigger than recommended. But if you are having those issues at rated in recommended enclosure I may look to another sub for her. 

Right now its on a Audiocontrol 1200 amp So he has about 600 going to each sub give or take .The enclosure is a standard box for a 2015 chevy silverado for under the seat similar to the picture i posted.. I believe its a bit smaller than what its recommended but not by much. And i thought it may have been hitting the floor but its no wear near hitting it. So not sure if just issue with sub itself or no

gmcrew2014_amp_rack_cocoa__93764.1445406474.1280.1280.jpg

2 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Lol what is the budget anyway? Those DDs are about half the price i think.

Do they have the DDs on the crutch field?i didnt see them> or maybe im missing them 

10 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

No but the site i gave u had the prices. If u type in ur location on the dealer locator, it'll show u the local dealers around u. Heres what shows up when i searched WA.

Yeah i seen the prices after i looked up the website again.I need to quit searching stuff when i have no sleep lol ..but at 460 idk if hell go for it,My buddies a bif of a cheap ass lol 

If hes not happy with the sundowns hea not going to be happy woth any of the ultra shallow mount subs that youve posted either.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived