Second Skin Audio

Shallow subs

Beanz

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, these are the only shallow mount subs that I can recommend with a good conscience. They have the excursion and power handling of a decent regular sub, with an underhung voice coil and inverted surround and no pole vent so they can be as shallow as possible. They are designed to sound great in a small sealed box as well.http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/sd-3-series

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

We tried those subs.Keep having issues with them on the dust cap keeps coming apart

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Its a buddies truck and he wants to go another route 

You know where id be able to get pricing on those subs??

8 hours ago, Beanz said:

We tried those subs.Keep having issues with them on the dust cap keeps coming apart

Damm, that sucks. Do you mind sharing info about the set up. What type of power are they on, and what is the enclosure like? I was looking into putting one of them in my wife's ride in a sealed setup. I hear that you really need to make sure the enclosure isn't any bigger than recommended. But if you are having those issues at rated in recommended enclosure I may look to another sub for her. 

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

11 hours ago, Beanz said:

You know where id be able to get pricing on those subs??

The digital designs ones are priced on that site. Its at the bottom of the specs list. But the illusion ones im not sure, ill look real quick. I know theyre expensive tho because my local shop carries that brand, the comp sets sound pretty damn clean. They didnt play the subs too strong tho, wouldnt turn it up liked id wanted to lol.

Archived