What kind of enclosure should I buy?

My plans on to get this subwoofer, Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss315ho-44-12-reference-ho-dvc-subwoofer--295-467 I want to just buy 2 of them and use them in my house how would 32hz tuned be? First off I have never built a subwoofer enclosure and it would be kinda hard to do since I don't have powerful enough saws to do that cutting but anyway I want it to sound really good since it will be used for both home theater and music and for me having 2 of them would make it loud enough to have some good bassin in the house, if any of you could point me in the right direction and know most home audio subwoofers are normally tuned pretty low but since there is nothing I can get below 32 hz if lucky but I like to dig down low if it was needed.

First off, I think you are doing the right thing to get two of the RSS315HO subs vs. one of the AA 12" subs you were talking about in your other thread. I've used those Dayton subs before and they are excellent.  Also, there are a lot of advantages to running two subwoofers vs just one, especially if you have separate boxes for them and place them some distance apart in your room.

Finding good prefab enclosures is going to be the hard part.  Parts Express has a bunch of good flat pack enclosures they sell, but they are all sealed.  I assume you are going to want to go ported.  You might see if you can find someone locally who can build some basic ported enclosures for you.  

An alternative would be to go up to two 15" sealed subs.  The enclosure would be roughly the same size as a ported 12", and the increase in cone area will make up for the box being sealed instead of ported, somewhat.  Here is an example of the sealed enclosure you could get from Parts Express:

https://www.parts-express.com/denovo-audio-knock-down-mdf-30-cu-ft-subwoofer-cabinet-for-dayton-audio-15-reference-seri--300-7078

You could always go up to some ported 15" enclosures too, if you have the space:

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/ported-subwoofers-1/15-cube/cube15.html

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

First off, I think you are doing the right thing to get two of the RSS315HO subs vs. one of the AA 12" subs you were talking about in your other thread. I've used those Dayton subs before and they are excellent.  Also, there are a lot of advantages to running two subwoofers vs just one, especially if you have separate boxes for them and place them some distance apart in your room.

Finding good prefab enclosures is going to be the hard part.  Parts Express has a bunch of good flat pack enclosures they sell, but they are all sealed.  I assume you are going to want to go ported.  You might see if you can find someone locally who can build some basic ported enclosures for you.  

An alternative would be to go up to two 15" sealed subs.  The enclosure would be roughly the same size as a ported 12", and the increase in cone area will make up for the box being sealed instead of ported, somewhat.  Here is an example of the sealed enclosure you could get from Parts Express:

https://www.parts-express.com/denovo-audio-knock-down-mdf-30-cu-ft-subwoofer-cabinet-for-dayton-audio-15-reference-seri--300-7078

You could always go up to some ported 15" enclosures too, if you have the space:

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/ported-subwoofers-1/15-cube/cube15.html

I really like the Ported Cube 15 but i'll look and see if there is a 12" version the reason I am not with a 15" subwoofer because i've always heard they are not the best for music and I have limited space but just while its 20 inch deep or before that i'm good

16 minutes ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

I really like the Ported Cube 15 but i'll look and see if there is a 12" version the reason I am not with a 15" subwoofer because i've always heard they are not the best for music and I have limited space but just while its 20 inch deep or before that i'm good

I understand if you don't have the space, you gotta go with what will fit.  As far as 15"s not sounding good on music, that's ridiculous and whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about.  Its all about the particular sub being used and how its implemented. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

1 minute ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I understand if you don't have the space, you gotta go with what will fit.  As far as 15"s not sounding good on music, that's ridiculous and whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about.  Its all about the particular sub being used and how its implemented. 

How loud would it be with a single 15"? vs 2 12" subwoofers of these daytons?

2 minutes ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

How loud would it be with a single 15"? vs 2 12" subwoofers of these daytons?

Well if you were comparing the two 12"s each in a 2 cu ft ported enclosure tuned to 28 hz, compared to the single 15" in a 4 cu ft enclosure tuned to 28 Hz.  On equal power their performance would be nearly identical.  If I had to pick between the two, I'd prefer the two 12"s in separate enclosures.  Having two subs placed in different spots in your room helps reduce funky frequency response due to reflections and will give you more even bass throughout the room.  If you were going to put both 12"s in the same box, might as well get the 15" since one 15" costs less then two 12"s. 

Builds:

1 minute ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Well if you were comparing the two 12"s each in a 2 cu ft ported enclosure tuned to 28 hz, compared to the single 15" in a 4 cu ft enclosure tuned to 28 Hz.  On equal power their performance would be nearly identical.  If I had to pick between the two, I'd prefer the two 12"s in separate enclosures.  Having two subs placed in different spots in your room helps reduce funky frequency response due to reflections and will give you more even bass throughout the room.  If you were going to put both 12"s in the same box, might as well get the 15" since one 15" costs less then two 12"s. 

So how loud is the single 15" vs my current klipsch sw-112? it is 116db @30hz and 106db @40hz but i'm not sure if this is rms or peak db for the klipsch? but would that single 15" dayton out preform the klipsch this is my main reason for upgrading?

2 minutes ago, bmwking said:

also, if you're good with woodworking, a coffee table style, center of room enclosure can have amazing results.  Ask me how i know :)

Well how you know would be easily said maybe not done but you probably wanted to have a good spot and not take up space in a different spot

Archived