Second Skin Audio

Box help 2X old p3d412's

SNYPER

Building a new box for older P3D4 12's.Car is 06 Malibu.After much research seems theese subs perform better in a ported opposed to sealed.I was going to go off the RF "powerhouse build"

but unless i modify LxWxH it wont fit doubled for 2 subs,and from all i read the majority says RF builds aren't great nor precise.

The amp i have is a budget cheapo Black ice 7000.1 and i was going to wire for 2ohm but have been told i can wire these subs to 1ohm which would be ideal.Sorry im kinda scattered right now any help/advice would be appreciated!

P1P2P3_12_PowerfulEnclosure.gif

Cheers and welcome to the forum.

You can not wire for a 2ohm load.  

I would see if Tricum or Joe X would give you advise on a vented enclosure, and not follow RFs recommend.

Just a personal experience I had,.. I ran 2 older p3s in a sealed enclosure years ago, off a RF2500BDCP for about a year in my daily, and I'll probably get flamed, but I actually liked how it played. Was a simple sealed enclosure, forgetting how much air space it was, I can't recall,.. Anyway, for what it was, I really did dit how it sounded. Got kinda low, but sounded pretty accurate. Give some members time to get some coffee in em, and I'm sure someone can get you rolling. 

30 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Cheers and welcome to the forum.

You can not wire for a 2ohm load.  

I would see if Tricum or Joe X would give you advise on a vented enclosure, and not follow RFs recommend.

Just a personal experience I had,.. I ran 2 older p3s in a sealed enclosure years ago, off a RF2500BDCP for about a year in my daily, and I'll probably get flamed, but I actually liked how it played. Was a simple sealed enclosure, forgetting how much air space it was, I can't recall,.. Anyway, for what it was, I really did dit how it sounded. Got kinda low, but sounded pretty accurate. Give some members time to get some coffee in em, and I'm sure someone can get you rolling. 

Thanks for the reply and will do.Unfortunately single dad with 2 kids so i have to work with what i have.I'd love to buy new subs,used to have 2 jl W7's but they were sadly stolen,(devistated me for quite a while LMAO)

Also im a contractor so i have no issues on the actual build no matter how complicate,just need help on specs and technical info.

28 minutes ago, SNYPER said:

Thanks for the reply and will do.Unfortunately single dad with 2 kids so i have to work with what i have.I'd love to buy new subs,used to have 2 jl W7's but they were sadly stolen,(devistated me for quite a while LMAO)

Also im a contractor so i have no issues on the actual build no matter how complicate,just need help on specs and technical info.

Fuck ya dude. I know how it is. Honestly, those p3's are not turds. I liked them when i had them. They will do the job for you im sure. Just give some of the enclosure guru's some time to wake up and shit, and im sure they can get you on the right road. Like i said, i had 2 in a sealed box in the trunk in my daily, and hell, i dug it. Nothing crazy, but, did the job fine. Anyway, grab yourself a cup of wake up juice, kick back and snoop around the forum, and im sure some help/advise will come,  and again, welcome to the forum man. ?

I dont know how to use the tag option guys. Im old and computer retarded....... can some one please tag tricum or joe x please??? TIA

@Triticum Agricolam

That's perfect, just what I need.  Here is the specs on those subs:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2004/5_subwoofers/p312d2-p312d4-ts.pdf

So looks like RF recommends anywhere from 1.75 to 2.5 cu ft of net airspace per sub.  What will be best for you depends on how much space you have to work with, what kind of music you listen to, your goals for the system, etc.  A general recommendation would be for 4 cu ft total for the two of them, tuned to 30-32 Hz, with 60 sq in of port area.  This should be good for up to 2,000 watts.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

That's perfect, just what I need.  Here is the specs on those subs:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2004/5_subwoofers/p312d2-p312d4-ts.pdf

So looks like RF recommends anywhere from 1.75 to 2.5 cu ft of net airspace per sub.  What will be best for you depends on how much space you have to work with, what kind of music you listen to, your goals for the system, etc.  A general recommendation would be for 4 cu ft total for the two of them, tuned to 30-32 Hz, with 60 sq in of port area.  This should be good for up to 2,000 watts.  

I have a pretty big trunk,id like to keep as much as i can kids n all,i listen to rap,r&b(my girl and daughter) as for my goals,really just want to squeeze as much as possible out of these bitches lol.i know they wont be half my w7's but..

So youd recomend ported? as in 4 inch ports opposed to slot ported? let me grab trunk dimensions.

Also! my seats fold down,recommendation on speakers facing towards front or rear or even upwards like the ones in your signature?And is it ok to wire these to 1 ohm?

trunkincs.jpg

So here is a suggestion, subs / port firing back, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: You need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

image.jpg

tportsingle.jpg

Archived