Ft sounds pro tweeters' 3u3 cap?

Ernest

Ok guys I just got 4 of these tweets in. I looked at the frequency range before hand which is 2k-20k. I have the intentions on crossing a pair of them at 2k-10k and the other pair 10k-20. Well, looking at the cap that is on the tweeter it reads 3u3... I'm not sure but,isn't the cap there to filter out 10k-0k? Can I remove the said cap and cross a pair down to 2k, like I said the specs on the tweeter say 2k-20k? Or am I just stuck with 2 pairs of super tweets?... I'm using a deh80prs pioneer deck and the tweets are amplified with a fosgate 250.4...please help?

Pics of cap?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Just a capacitor makes a 6dB/octave passive crossover, so factor that in when choosing a new one. The roll-off is really shallow so you'll have to use one much higher than 2k to make it safe for those tweeters.

Look up online passive crossover calculators, you should be able to punch in the value of your cap and see where it's set and what you would need to make what you want. You can also add coils to make steeper slopes.

To band pass one tweeter and high pass the other will take some figuring and some money in parts. My first comp. car was all passive using a two channel amp to run two 12s, two 8s, six 6.5s, two tweeters, and a 4" center channel in mixed-mono. The crossover network was 12dB-24dB and was roughly the size of my rear seat. For the cost of parts I could have bought another amp but wanted to stay in the 0-50 class for that season. The next year classes changed so I added a sub amp and left the rest to stay in 0-250. Now that wattage numbers don't matter to me I try to use dedicated amp channels or passive crossovers that were engineered by the mfgr. in conjunction with the speaker set.

Static drops are my bag.

So, what I gather is that I can lob off the caps, then use my deck to set a 24 octave slope at 2.5k? like I said,I'm running a 80prs and separate amps for sub, mid, and highs. I have my deck in network mode,I guess I'm running an active crossover network ....my main concern is ,what's going to happen if I cut off the cap and set my crossover to 2.5k

I wouldnt cut the cap til you see how it sounds with the cap in place. Run your active xover like you said. Worst case is the slopes stack and you get a steeper overall slope or a partially steeper slope. Best case your cutoff is above the caps cutoff, which means it doesnt matter if the cap is there. Then decide if you wanna cut the cap after determining if it sounds like you want.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived