Attempting 8inch door speaker adapters

Started sketching up and trying to make a template out of cardboard for my door speakers. After i have the adapter perfect ill be transfering the templates to abs plastic. Had to clear the metal door speaker area so i could have a flat surface. These lil P.O.S. tabs (stock bracket mounts w/screws thru these 4 tabs) were a bitch to get out, i ended up yanking them out forcefully with a metal clip removal tool. I tried to get them out correctly by compressing the inner protion on the inner side of the sheet metal but it wouldnt compress enough. Not fun working in the dark with a flickering flash light being held in my mouth to see lol need a head lamp. 

Here it is with the door panel back on. I had to cut the door panel a lil and i had already cut out the stock grill. Also had to adjust the top two layers (out of 3 layers) of the adapter to clear the door panel easier, just by sliding those two layers down 3/4 inch. 

going to be doing some glassing work on these panels to have less of the door panels blocking the sound path. Just going to extend the circle to the left, making a more oval/tear drop shape. That will be further down the road. After these adapters are done ill be working on some dash pods for a 4and tweet.

I probably would have turned that door panel piece intoa speaker pod instead of the way you're doing it, also the angle that its at with part of the door panel blocking part of the speaker is less than ideal.

Nice work either way though.

And i agree wirh kyle, instead of making a ton of different threads juat start a build log so its all in one place.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah, what they said.  You're a motivated dude.  Start the Build Log.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

8 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I probably would have turned that door panel piece intoa speaker pod instead of the way you're doing it, also the angle that its at with part of the door panel blocking part of the speaker is less than ideal.

Nice work either way though.

And i agree wirh kyle, instead of making a ton of different threads juat start a build log so its all in one place.

I considered that but i wanted the speaker mounted to the metal instead of the plastic panel. Ill be clearing that portion of the door panel out thats blocking the speaker. Planning on more of a oval/teardrop shaped grill to account for that angle im using. Think im gonna use grill cloth. Maybe big holed mesh with grill cloth over it to keep it hidden. Thanks ill start up a BL.

Archived