Sundown Audio

Wiring my dual 4 ohm to 1ohm on a SVC-3000D

16 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

I agree with the duck.

To me, It has to be a setting of some sort being off. That amp is a proven tank. Time and time again.

Also, don't worry about dropping a volt and not making any power. To the ear, you wouldn't know if you where holding 15v or seeing battery rest. Take a picture of the gain, low pass, and infrasonic dials please, and report back. 

Edit- and you paid someone else to turn a knob? Actually, let me re ask that. A asshole at a shop took your money to turn a knob ? That guy is a dick. Not only using his ear, but even charging you to do it. What a stand up car audio lover. Jesus. 

I have def heard this amp is a beast I'm just hoping that DB-R.com doesn't repair them with crappy parts that make them drop in performance. I am going to clamp and volt meter it later to see if i can get some kind of readings on wattage output since I don't have access to a dyno.

Well, that pic didn't help much, can tell if lpf is at 300 or 60, can't tell if subsonic is at 10 or 50, is your gain at 8v? Lol give them a little turn and see if they are all they way one way or in the middle somewhere. Also turn the bass boost to 0. 

Edited by strangeduck

45 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

Well, that pic didn't help much, can tell if lpf is at 300 or 60, can't tell if subsonic is at 10 or 50, is your gain at 8v? Lol give them a little turn and see if they are all they way one way or in the middle somewhere. Also turn the bass boost to 0. 

gain is around 8v, sub sonic is a little above 10, boost is half way up, lpf is about 50? phase is 0.

the LPF is turned off on my deck and the EQ is set to flat.

btw im running 2 x15 sundowns in a custom box tuned to 32hz. 

LP is fine

Not sure about the SS, box is at 32 so I'd put it at 26-ish but you also have x's so they take lows really well. Idk about it, not really knowledgeable with SS filters and how to use them with box tuning. I've always just put it 6-8 down from the box once the subs are broken in. 

In that picture is the gain all the way down? Turn that sucker up

Bass boost should be at 0 and stay at 0 forever. 

We will fix this my man

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

17 minutes ago, Mitchaford said:

LP is fine

Not sure about the SS, box is at 32 so I'd put it at 26-ish but you also have x's so they take lows really well. Idk about it, not really knowledgeable with SS filters and how to use them with box tuning. I've always just put it 6-8 down from the box once the subs are broken in. 

In that picture is the gain all the way down? Turn that sucker up

Bass boost should be at 0 and stay at 0 forever. 

We will fix this my man

gain is at about 8 so a little over half way up. i will turn the bass boost down when I leave work and see what happens. Oh and the subs arent really broken in yet either.

What HU?  I would used the HU LP filter.  That way it gives you some sort of clue to where its at.  Start at 80ish and work your way down to your liking.  Boost all the way down.  Honestly, I would adjust the gain by ear to match the interior speakers.  Give yourself a little room for adjusting the SW level for those days you want to feel it.

After that, I would find someone close that could help you tune.  Maybe with a DD-1, etc.

Edited by SubbinNCali

58 minutes ago, SubbinNCali said:

What HU?  I would used the HU LP filter.  That way it gives you some sort of clue to where its at.  Start at 80ish and work your way down to your liking.  Boost all the way down.  Honestly, I would adjust the gain by ear to match the interior speakers.  Give yourself a little room for adjusting the SW level for those days you want to feel it.

After that, I would find someone close that could help you tune.  Maybe with a DD-1, etc.

The filters on the deck don't go below 50hz and the box is tuned to 32hz. It's a pioneer 5100nex touch screen. I usually play it low unless I'm in traffic and want to rattle windows and then I turn up the decaf music.. lol Maybe I'm expecting too much I was just in my driveway and it does flex the hell out of the roof and some on the doors now.

l really need to find a good way to quiet the damn barn doors down they rattle so much =/ 

I would do like what was said, open the lpf up on the amp and use the head unit and try 80hz to start or wherever your head unit will let you set it. 8v seem way too low on the gain but I don't have time to research what your head unit does. Hell, maybe turn it up a bit. If you smell coil, back it down.