Sundown Audio

Wiring my dual 4 ohm to 1ohm on a SVC-3000D

So IO ordered a SVC-3000D to replace my hifonics 3216 and I have to say im not impressed yet. Maybe im doing something wrong? I had it tuned at a shop sine they only charge $10 and I dont have the time to look over numbers and such to do it all.

I have the subs wired 1oh inside the box. Should i just wire them separate to the amp since it is made for that or should I keep it wired 1ohm inside the box with only 1pair coming out of the box to the amp?

also does it matter which + or - I hooked to on the amp I see that the instructions have them circled which I assume means it doesn't matter.

I am dropping below 14v usually around 12.5 or 13.5 and this amp says it puts out the 3k at 14.4? I am in the process of getting an XS battery to put close to the amp since both of my current batteries are under the hood and that's a long run in my Escalade. Do you think this will help with the XS right next to the amp with short runs from that battery? Oh and the amp has went into protect mode a few times with minimal clipping happening.

I got this amp from DB-R.com and I'm thinking about finding someone to Dyno it just to make sure thats how not impressed i am with it. My hifonics def made it hit harder maybe not as clean but def harder.

the instructions below only show there is 1 sub connected. so not sure if i should just wire them apart and let the amp do the 1ohm or keep it 1ohm inside the box?

amp.JPG

Have you confirmed DC resistance of all the speakers wired together at the amp (what the amp sees)?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

8 minutes ago, bolanorthhighlands said:

Wired outside the box would still be 1 ohm

figured so but wasn't sure if it would be less resistance wiring it outside maybe inside creates more and that could cause problems? 

I have a feeling its because my volts drop to 12.5-13.5 when this amp says it needs 14.4 to put out 3k?

Edited by BlackKong

I agree with the duck.

To me, It has to be a setting of some sort being off. That amp is a proven tank. Time and time again.

Also, don't worry about dropping a volt and not making any power. To the ear, you wouldn't know if you where holding 15v or seeing battery rest. Take a picture of the gain, low pass, and infrasonic dials please, and report back. 

Edit- and you paid someone else to turn a knob? Actually, let me re ask that. A asshole at a shop took your money to turn a knob ? That guy is a dick. Not only using his ear, but even charging you to do it. What a stand up car audio lover. Jesus. 

Edited by Kyblack76
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

18 hours ago, strangeduck said:

Where is your lpf and Infrasonic/subsonic filter set?

16 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

I agree with the duck.

To me, It has to be a setting of some sort being off. That amp is a proven tank. Time and time again.

Also, don't worry about dropping a volt and not making any power. To the ear, you wouldn't know if you where holding 15v or seeing battery rest. Take a picture of the gain, low pass, and infrasonic dials please, and report back. 

Edit- and you paid someone else to turn a knob? Actually, let me re ask that. A asshole at a shop took your money to turn a knob ? That guy is a dick. Not only using his ear, but even charging you to do it. What a stand up car audio lover. Jesus. 

here are my settings.