Sundown Audio

Anyone familiar with sundown amps/ dual outputs on a monoblock amp??

YouWouldKnow

Hey I recently bought a sundown amp but I am a little confused on how to wire it up. They show a diagram in the owners manual but I don't really understand it. It's a monoblock amp but it has dual out puts. Do I just use one of the positives and negatives? Or do I just take 2 from the positive out put and connect them together and then do the same thing with the negative output? I know I could probably guess and it would work but I just wanted to know what the best way was. 

20170414_160037_zpserxsquvo.jpg

20170414_234004_zpsy5rpvvqb.jpg

The inputs are connected to the same channel internally. You can do it either way and the amp sees the same load. It's for ease of wiring basically. 

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

18 minutes ago, kam311 said:

The inputs are connected to the same channel internally. You can do it either way and the amp sees the same load. It's for ease of wiring basically. 

Okay thanks, so the amp feels the same load? does that mean the speakers get the same output either way also

^^ partially the point, ease of wiring.  In that example each VC will see the SAME power since it truly is a mono block (1 channel) amp.  It has 2 negatives and 2 positives but that's deceiving since it's basically a factory Y splitter.......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

2 hours ago, 3vil said:

Yes that would work. For example if you had a single 2ohm dvc sub, you could run one of each input on the sub to the corresponding output of the amp to get a 1ohm load

Oh interesting. So I could basically make the paralell connection at the amp to see 1 ohm?

like this...

20170415_172121_zpskaochhzb.jpg

and would you say this is the best way to do it?

Archived