kturn

Okay so i just got my sundown sa-15 running on 1200 watts.. I listen to music like...Webbie Six 12s, 21 savage stuff, and alot of Future stuff which has that deep boomy bass I am wondering what sound i tune it to i was thinking 32hz,33hz,34hz,35hz i dont think i want to go higher than 35 from what i been reading so basic on the music i listen to what do you guys think i should tune to? 

Between 30-33

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

okay thanks guys im pretty sure im gonna go with 32 since its in between 30 and 33 from what yall are saying....anyways why is it that lower bass sounds louder to the ear or should it be higher notes? & since i will be placing it in a 05 accord sedan trunk tuning to 32 and running my top of power would i have a problem of being able to be heard from few houses away?

• 6 months later...
On 18-4-2017 at 5:59 AM, kturn said:

Okay so i just got my sundown sa-15 running on 1200 watts.. I listen to music like...Webbie Six 12s, 21 savage stuff, and alot of Future stuff which has that deep boomy bass I am wondering what sound i tune it to i was thinking 32hz,33hz,34hz,35hz i dont think i want to go higher than 35 from what i been reading so basic on the music i listen to what do you guys think i should tune to? 

I'd tune to 30, 32 is just a tad high for an SA, it usually peaks a little higher. I've had mine tuned to 32 and I would've gone with 30 just to get a little bit more low end.

Also be sure to make your port long enough to prevent port noise, throw shit in to WinISD if you have to...

Edit: if you're going with 32, don't make the box size too big or you'll get an ugly peak, which is why WinISD curves come in handy.

I have the same sub and I have areo ports for 32hz and 35 hz, they both sound good the 32 has a rolling bass sound while the 35 has a tight punch bass note. The 32 shakes my steering wheel and the 35 shakes the hell out of it. Hope this helps

08 f-150 foose edition 

Roush supercharger 

22'' foose chrome rims

Carriage Works brushed billet grill

Elite tonneau cover

ZeeZ underbody led multi color glow kit

Black horse racing electric exhaust cutout

Crown suspension rear lowering shackles

Eibach coil springs and leaf springs

Pioneer DEH-x3800s cd player

audiopipe  200 watt crossovers

4 mclaren 5x7 250 watts speakers

4 soundstream 150 watt dome tweeters

Audiopipe Apcl-1000 mono amp

1-Sundown audio 15"sa

Box built by concept enclosures tuned to 35 hz with spare 32hz aero ports

1-xs power 950 battery

All skyhigh audio,power,ground,RCA,speaker, remote turn on

home set-up Onkyo receiver tx-DS676 5.1 575 watts KLH 5 disc cd player Optonica 220 watt amp optimus 10-band EQ 2-floor standing technics speakers-10in w/mids 1-10in polk audio psw100 powered subwoofer 2-bowers & wilkins dm-17 bookshelf speakers

NoiseMaker-800x75.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived