Sonic Electronix

help with my enclosure please.

i was given this diagram for a enclosure but cant seem to find what the dimensions are for the front where the sub sits WxL but im guessing L is the letter c which is the height which is 13.5" and the back as well but cant seem to find out how to get the length.

bottom line i need the LxW of the front where the sub sit and the back of the enclosure 
im pretty sure i got the rest of the dimensions recycling the letters c being 13.5 of each wood other than the top and bottom.

single sub enclosure diagram[342].JPG

I'm confused because all of the letters seem to be there. What are you wanting? Each box seems to be a different box designed for different subs/needs 

i need to have the dimesnions for the 12" sql

im wanting the dimensions for the panel where the sub sits

letter A and B is for the top and bottom but it dont really explains how big or long the wood needs to be for the front of the box like where the baffle is/ sub sits in

it says letter E which is the diameter of the sub and D for the port height even the dimensions for the inside for the port but it dont give dimensions for the front and back

Yes, what the post before me said.

You need to account for the thickness of the mdf or whatever wood ur using. Normally its 3/4. The side ur asking about is called the "baffle", just for future reference. 

Oh and use D for the height of everything in the middle. C is the height of the whole box including the thickness of the top and bottom panels.

1 hour ago, boomintahoe said:

Front baffle/plane/front piece is gonna be 31.5x12 

@8ten8 that's not right.

31.5x12 is also what I got. You take the total width, subtract the amount of material on either side (assuming 3/4" wood it would be a total of 1.5") the subtract the value of F which is the width of the port. That would be 36-1.5-3=31.5

thanks for the reply guys yeah i pretty much had to do some architectural math since they dont give you like the dimensions of each panel but as a whole which was weird. i just wanted some clarifications that i was seeing that i really needed to do my own math and find the hypotenuse of each panel on my own and you guys pretty much had my idea. thanks again for the reassurance! 

18 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

I think its actually 30and3/4 or 30.75 because theres three walls. Right wall, inner port wall, left wall. Thats 2.25 for total material thickness, then 3 more for port width. 36-5.25=30.75....is that right?

as 8ten8 stated

Nope. Study the two pics again....and go with the 12" sub tables on the right.

It's 5th/6th grade problem solving guys. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out and do some math.

Archived