Sonic Electronix

help with my enclosure please.

6 hours ago, boomintahoe said:

Nope. Study the two pics again....and go with the 12" sub tables on the right.

It's 5th/6th grade problem solving guys. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out and do some math.

I guess it depends which pic u want to focus on and what spec u want to fallow lol the pics all fkd up. The top pics front facing only has two walls shown along the width of the face. The bottom pic has three walls shown coming out to the face of the box. Also sped G and H are crossing eachother. If you add G and F thats 14.5 and B is 15, so that would mean they want u to use .5 inch wood. Lol OP just needs a better layout, one thats a lil more precise. 

44 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

I guess it depends which pic u want to focus on and what spec u want to fallow lol the pics all fkd up. The top pics front facing only has two walls shown along the width of the face. The bottom pic has three walls shown coming out to the face of the box. Also sped G and H are crossing eachother. If you add G and F thats 14.5 and B is 15, so that would mean they want u to use .5 inch wood. Lol OP just needs a better layout, one thats a lil more precise. 

Both pics are very generic sketches/drawings, however you wanna call it. OP more than likely uploaded a pic from the manual or some website. It's not uncommon for major mfgr's to have said drawings for average enclosure specs. I'm gonna give you a bit of a hint based on my machining skills. Top pic shows a front view. 2nd pic shows a top view, looking over the enclosure as if it were sitting on the ground and your looking over it. It's basically the "salad bowl effect". Very common name for part to print interpreting. Also the 2nd pic is "rotated" towards you.

OAL or overall length/A=length is 36". F=3" So now we see 33". Minus 1.5" because .75" on each end. Final dimension is 31.5"

33 minutes ago, boomintahoe said:

Both pics are very generic sketches/drawings, however you wanna call it. OP more than likely uploaded a pic from the manual or some website. It's not uncommon for major mfgr's to have said drawings for average enclosure specs. I'm gonna give you a bit of a hint based on my machining skills. Top pic shows a front view. 2nd pic shows a top view, looking over the enclosure as if it were sitting on the ground and your looking over it. It's basically the "salad bowl effect". Very common name for part to print interpreting. Also the 2nd pic is "rotated" towards you.

OAL or overall length/A=length is 36". F=3" So now we see 33". Minus 1.5" because .75" on each end. Final dimension is 31.5"

Salad bowl effect?  LOL Its called "third angle projection".

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

30 3/4" or 31 1/2" would both work. If you went w/ 31 1/2", the port walls would have to be shortened 3/4". After looking at it for a bit, I would go with boomintahoe 31 1/2" cuz clamping and screwing port wall G would be a little easier. I would glue and screw parimiter to bottom first. That way you can screw port wall G to the baffle from the outside instead of from the inside of the port opening. 

15 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Salad bowl effect?  LOL Its called "third angle projection".

That's the typical phrase for guys in the machining world. Since you aren't in that trade, guessing you haven't heard of it.

3D drawing if you will.

11 hours ago, 8ten8 said:

30 3/4" or 31 1/2" would both work. If you went w/ 31 1/2", the port walls would have to be shortened 3/4". After looking at it for a bit, I would go with boomintahoe 31 1/2" cuz clamping and screwing port wall G would be a little easier. I would glue and screw parimiter to bottom first. That way you can screw port wall G to the baffle from the outside instead of from the inside of the port opening. 

How would they both work if the shortest piece (30.75") is gonna be too short by 3/4"???

I don't think you realize what your saying/typing.

1 hour ago, 8ten8 said:

Forget the salad bowl and grab your trusty tape measure. Measure out both scenarios...you'll see. Port wall outside the baffle and behind the baffle 

I've never seen a port wall extend past the baffle. Would seem kinda redundant. Would be better off having the port wall end behind the baffle. But on that note I do get what you're saying. If the port wall extended all the way past the baffle so it was sitting next to it, the baffle would be 30.75 because the port wall is .75". Our measurements assumed that the port wall ended behind the baffle. 

2 hours ago, 8ten8 said:

Forget the salad bowl and grab your trusty tape measure. Measure out both scenarios...you'll see. Port wall outside the baffle and behind the baffle 

Study some pictorials/generic drawings 1st before tape measuring.

I see where the confusion is...the letter "D" area, in all black doesn't show any port pieces to take in account for with the wood thickness. However, the 2nd pics clearly shows what it should look like.

Like I said, a very generic drawing.

Archived